Get $1,000 for being a Secret Shopper?

Decatur, IN(Zone 5a)

Hello all,
In the past, a few members here have posted their (good) experiences getting free restaurant meals by being a secret customer, etc. Anyhow, today I ran into an ad on Yahoo that stated you can earn $1,000 in merchandise just by being a secret shopper, meaning you shop at the store in your area that you've chosen & then have to do a survey in regards to the store appearance, customer service, etc. I don't know why but I clicked on it & before I knew it, I signed up. Before getting confirmation that I was a secret shopper and receiving the $1,000 gift card for the store I selected, I was given the choice of selecting two companies on which I had to buy something from them otherwise my confirmation & access to be a secret shopper would not go thru until I commited myself to purchasing from two companies (they pay advertising fees so thats why they are given as choices). Anyhow, I suddenly snapped into reality & started thinking that perhaps this was a scam & all they wanted after all was my credit card account # etc. & for sure that would be requested once I clicked on those business'. So I quickly logged off since they didnot have a sign out button & then went to my email address that I listed & of course, there were about 6 emails from this & other similar companies saying I can make money by taking surveys, etc. I have to admit that I was not thinking clearly & was feeling down a bit today so I got dooped. The bad thing is that all these places don't have a unsubscribe option like most sites do so now I'm stuck with a LOT of junk mail.

I just wanted to share this bad taste in my mouth experience in hopes that it can save someone else the headache. Thanks for letting me vent,
Gemila

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!