Vole repellant

I've read through many threads here about different vole repellant ideas. Has anyone found anything that actually works pretty well? I've got two 4 ft X 12 ft beds, with irises, cannas, elephant ears, and one crinum lily, and have lost two walking iris just since yesterday morning. Just wanted to see if there were any updates on what *really* works to repel them before I lose anything else.
Thanks!

Cleveland, OH

I've had a number of customers tell me that the product Mole Max works very well for them. I don't have that problem so I've not tried it personally.

I'll check into that right away. They got another iris! Grrrrr!
Thanks!

Stanford, CA

Just lost 5 expensive South African protea shrubs to voles. Either gopher bait in tunnels doesn't work or they're multiplying too fast! Will contact pest control companies tomorrow. Also Mole Max. Have you used it yet Raingazer? Thanks

Hi laika,
I haven't tried the Mole Max yet. I mixed up some water with tabasco sauce and garlic powder in it and sprinkled it all over my flower bed, and actually poured some down each of the tunnels. I haven't had any more flowers disappear since then. It's rained recently, so I think I'll mix up some more and apply it just to be sure they don't start again. It may just be a fluke that I haven't lost anymore, but I'm willing to keep trying this method until I see that it doesn't work.
Good luck with your battle!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i use rat poison the kind that dries them up from inside out and you cant smell them and your animals wont be trying to eat them and get sick i love it
hope this helps you .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.