Too cute

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

A girlfriend sent me this pic of baby porcupines. Are they cute or what!? Makes you smile just to look at them.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

:)

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh I think that is the cutest thing ever I have never seen baby porcupines where did she find them?

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

.. frogsrus ..

Now, I tell ya .. if 'em haint the ultimately pug-uuugliest .. but, yet .. still the absolute most adorable lil porcu-baby vermins .. that I ever did lay my ol spyballs to !?!?! ...

LUV it !! .. Such, 'as jes gotta give a body a mitey pleasin' warmth .. to witness such tiny 'wonders' of nature!

I swear - I'd be most willin' to take a puncture of a spine or two .. jes to hold'em maseff, fer a wee lil spell !!!

Thank you for sharin' the pic with us here .. and another thanks to your gal-pal for sending the pic of these lil doozies to you !!

- Magpye

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

How Sweet!!

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh my goodness, I think I agree with magoobu. I don't think I ever seen something cuter! ((Big Smile))

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

awwwwwww..... they are darn CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! All those little wrinkles.....

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I think someone sent the pic to her. She is a fool for critters, but not too many porcies here. I know the spines are soft at birth (for which mom is VERY grateful!!) but am unsure how long it takes for them to be stickery.

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

So CUTE! those little noses and feet....so cute

This is one of the best photos I have seen in my life!

Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

Those are so cute they look like they are make-believe! The little faces look almost human.

Modi'in, Israel

OMG That is sooooooooo cute! Thanks for the big smile this morning :-)

-Julie

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kaleem

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

Wow, those guys are neat! But I sure wouldn't want to be pregnant with babies like that!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Ohhh Myyyyy what cute little babies.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Really cute little porkies. I too wonder how long until the spines get stiff. My aunt was a missionary in Nigeria many years ago and she sent us some porkupine quills, I still have one, they were more than 12 inches long and about 1/4" thick in center. Must have been a very large animal. The babies are I sure much cuter.

DonnaS

Those have to be the cutest babies I've seen. Adorable, just too cute!!

Laurens, SC(Zone 8a)

What little cuties!! What in the world do they eat?? Are they gonna grow up from soooo adorable to so detestable??!! devouring your flowers/garden??!! Bonnie

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

frogsrus, not that it is important, but the babies are actually hedgehogs rather than porcupines. The attached link takes you to a page that notes a correction of this photo. I used to see porcupines quite often but probably have not seen one (in the wild) in the last 20 years.

Hope you don't mind me pointing out this difference. Whatever they are, it is a very unique photo !!!

http://www.liewcf.com/blog/archives/2005/08/porcupine-baby/

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I wondered but they seemed to large for baby hedgehogs.

We used to get porcupines in my auntie's barn in Pennsylvania. They lived slightly left of nowhere way out in the country. Convincing the porcupines to remove themselves from the barn was always an excercise in strategical planning. Kept kids "harmlessly occupied" for a day.

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

Actually, northern Pennsylvania (Potter County) was the location that I saw lots of porcupines back in the 1960's. I still have a few saved quills from that era. Don't ask me why ???

The last one I saw was in the Acadia National Park area of Maine in the early 1980's. Hedgehogs are not native to the Americas to the best of my knowledge.

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

How very cute!!
I used to see them as a child growing up at the edge of our town ( Erfurt) in the former East Germany. Sometimes in the evening one would see a parent followed by a bunch of babies walking by.

Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

O.K. here's a picture of a baby hedgehog and a baby porcupine side by side. (Hedgehog on the left, porcupine on the right.) Let the Cute War begin!

Thumbnail by ceceoh
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

*thwump!* (that's me passing out from the cuteness overload) lol

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

Oh no! Can't resist cute. . .

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

Eco you are so right
THUMP!!! passed out here and have Cavities from how sweet that is!!!!
LOL

You guys always make me laugh! I just caught the side by side photos.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Look at the nose on that porcupine baby!!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

both neat. great pictures glad got to see them to..

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the comparison pic - they're both cute as can be....

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

I keep going back to look att his picture soooo cute ! they look like they must have been friends of beatris potter
: ) laurawege

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.