Dogwood vine

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Does anyone know the botanical name for this vine?

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Patricia-
That was one I'd never heard of, so peaked my curiosity...

googled and seems one thread here on Dave's listed it as a common name for: Houttuynia cordata

Watch out! This stuff is: inVAsive!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Patricia, if it's THIS ONE: Houttuynia cordata, KILL IT - this ground cover is SO INVASIVE, you will rue the day you ever planted it. It's really pretty, but terribly invasive.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

No it isn't the Houttuynia cordata I am pretty sure, I have grown that before.
I will have to ask the person I got the plant from. I did a google on it and couldn't find it either.

Here is the post that mentions it, and then someone lists houttuynia as the botanical name. You are on there, too, asking for some in trade, lol...
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/526077/

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Well shoot, it doesn't look like what I have grown as Houttuynia before. I will for sure ask this trader about it before I put it in the ground. Thanks for giving me the heads up.

Patricia

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Anyone got a photo of this thing??
I would like to know what to look out for....
Sure don't want to get some by mistake

Dee

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Dee, here is a picture of it. It's pretty to look at. LOL
http://www.monrovia.com/PlantInf.nsf/0/f5abbb52471afec68825684d00716785?OpenDocument

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

OH MY God,..........you have got to be kidding.......they are selling this stuff at Lowes as a Bronzing water Ivy and I bought one. And yes it is from Monrovia Nursury.

Thumbnail by WillowWasp

Dee-
It is pretty, but SO hard to control...
-T

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

The one that I received isn't the varigated one. It is the varigated type that I have grown in the past. The varigated is very pretty, but I do remember that it kept spreading into my flower beds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.