I am definitely addicted now!

Centerville, UT(Zone 6a)

I apparently had jumped the gun with my earlier post of "My first Dahlia" and had no idea it would become even more beautiful with time. Just had to share today's pic of the same Swan's Desert Storm dahlia with a new opening bud, Pink Bouquet Physostegia and impatiens in the background. I hope you like it.

Thumbnail by JoleneS
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Glad to see another dahlia convert!
Yes, dahlias are addicting.
My most favorite flower of all times!!!
That 'Desert Storm' dahlia sure is pretty.
Carol

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Mine are having a sorta 'rebirth' - with the cool weather here, I have buds galore!! I almost anxious to dig them up and see how many tubers they have - is that sick or what? LOL

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

They should have a dahlia thermometer measuring increments of obsession.

Low- this level of dahlia fan can take them or leave them.
Medium low- interest piqued; will add a few more next season
Medium- My God these things are gorgeous and would ya look at those different colors and shapes!
Medium high- oooh so many __________ones ( put your favorite color in the blank) Who needs the lawn?
Out of control- Honey, I need a front end loader for Christmas and I do hope you won't miss the perennials and veggies.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Put me in the "Out of Control" slot! lol

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Carol, I named the "Out of Control" slot after me. I spent the afternoon watering perennials I have no interest in any longer. I don't know whether to put them in the burn pile next month, or offer them up for new gardeners, but they are going away, I am convinced. After the deer have eaten, stomped, trampled or otherwise ravaged my perennials down below- their space is going for dahlias next Spring... ooooh- I can hardly wait!

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

So???
Where are all the new dahlias tubers going to come from then???
Where are you going to order them from?
I want to know!!!
So cool! I can't wait to see it all then.
I wouldn't water them now either. Just dig them up, trade them or chuck them in the compost pile.
I bet you could have people here on DG who would be interested in them.
Just my comments.
Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.