Canna Ada

Louisville, KY

This one is named after my aunt who is very sick. Here name is Ada amburgy and she really liked this canna. She has grown cannas in her yard her whole life and was alway willing to share her plants. But now she has been very sick and bairly walks outside she was diagnosed with lou gehrig's disease this year. So I have named this canna after her. It is a bright pink flower with a yellow edge around each peddle the same is on the back side of the peddles. Its a great flower beautiful plant to grow. After naming it we found that the name sounds a lot like Canada so cool name to go with the plant.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Louisville, KY

another pic

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

That is gorgeous! Another awesome one to add to the list. What a lovely name.
:) Donna

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

It's lovely and very unique! A wonderful tribute to your Aunt's dedication to these plants. Now you realize with a name like that we will have to find some way to have a few growing IN Canada! ;)

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

I need this one since it has my name. Very pretty.

Laurens, SC(Zone 8a)

I LOVE that!! So it is a new hybrid you propagated??!! Can't sell of trade any? Bonnie

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi, Brian. I remember these from the canna website. You really grow some beauties.

Louisville, KY

Thanks everyone for your encouraging thoughts. It keeps me realizing why I enjoy doing this so much. I have only one plant I hope to propagate it next year it is one of my favorite seedlings of this years crop. THANKS

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Brian ,
What a wonderful tribute to you Aunt. Bless you.
Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.