Pink Trumpet Vine

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I hope this picture shows up, as the sun was blinding this morning when I took the picture.

Thumbnail by minigrannie
Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow that is nice. I bet the hummers are in love.

mg

(Zone 4a)

Stunning!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

beautiful!!!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

That's gorgeous!

Marion, IN(Zone 5a)

wow I would love seeds if you get any to trade... please let us know..

Karen

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Karen, I've never seen any seeds on this vine. Maybe I've just missed them.

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Sylvia,
VERY PRETTY VINE

I have two growing and still in containers, but no blooms yet.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Sylvia, I bought this vine this year but someone says it doesn't bloom for long. Does yours?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Ada, it starts blooming around the middle of September and blooms until the first frost. I wish it bloomed all summer, but no such luck. My pink pandorea vine which looks quite similar to this one blooms in late spring and early summer and then quits blooming. Maybe the secret would be to plant them together. lol I've never tried that.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Minigrannie, is pink trumpet vine a hard one to acquire? It is gorgeous? Are they easy to grow from seeds, if so, are they easy to find?

thanks.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

I've never seen any seeds on mine, so I can't answer that question. I purchased mine at Home Depot about 3 yrs. ago. It puts out runners that root along the ground, but it is not as aggressive as the orange trumpet vine. I dug some of the runners up a year or so ago and sent to a friend, but she said they didn't survive. I've never tried to propagate mine in any way, since it grows so rapidly. If I ever find any seeds on mine, I will send them out to anyone that wants them though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.