Climbing combos.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Declining Clematis, ascending Moonflower.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Thunbergia in Clematis

Thumbnail by jmorth
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

very nice!
I LOVE vine combos!

which clematis is that one?
-T

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I love the way you dress the clematis with the moonflower and thunbergia...very nice combinations...

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

I call the clematis Fall Clematis, I've also heard it referred to as 'Sweet Autumn Clematis' and 'Virgin's Bower'.
It seems to fit with Clematis Terniflora or Clematis virginiana. I'm prone to go with the latter as the description indicates 30' is not unusual for it.

(Zone 4a)

Clematis ternifolia is known as the Autumn Clematia.

This Clematis will root in water.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

well lets see.. there are a few combos.. first I guess is the moon flower and clearadendrom Gordon.... NYC Roof garden

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

I guess the next is my grape tomato vine... they are a vine right.. and a passaflora clear skys I believe... Gordon NYC Roof Gardening

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Mandavilla MS Dupont I believe and Milky Way morning glories
Gordon NYC Roof Gardening

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

well There is the morning glorey Mt. Fuji and a white cypress vine... I just love the feathery foilage.. I have it planted everywhere..
Gorodn NYC Roof Gardening

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

oh I'n not rememberinghow this is spelled.. my tibicholia and castor bean vine think it is
Gordon NYC Roof Gardening

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Welll this might be a streach... the passaflora and the fiberoptic light vine.... Gordon NYC Roof Gardening

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

Gordon-
LOVE! you last combo! lol...

I really do. I have a similar fiber optic, but they are strands of butterflies. I've not seen the one you have. It is really pretty.

I also have another light strand of pink silk roses. I strung them up an arbor with akebia("chocolate vine" which isn't in bloom much). From a distance, everyone thinks they are real. At night they are gorgeous lit up.

Where did you purchase YOUR lights?
-T

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

and from the street up to the roof... at about the third floor level here... A red Passaflora... cypress vine and the Mt Fugi morning glory... Grdon NYC Roof Garden.. and street planting

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

OH..I think mine came from a local nursery... Matterhorn Nursery.. they are great... and do alot of the Macys spring flower show... here's a picture of them a little later at night Gordon they are cute i guess .. I'd gotten them for a client but then couldn't part with them...

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

OPK...One more... although there are a few not included... like the passaflora with the frosty pink ornamental sweet potato... the picture that is included is the Honeysuckle red flame ... climbing with the variegated porcelain berry vine.. Gordon NYC

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

Mine didn't set berries this year for some reason...nice to see yours. I just love that color of blue...
-T

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Gordon, the post dated 8:21 am looks like thunbergia and Purple hyancith bean vine. Nice combos.
J

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

GORDON...that is awesome!! What a FANTASTIC idea!!!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

jmorth, luv your combos! My fav is the first one.

Gordon you have great combos to. My fav is the cleodendrum and moonflower. I brought my cleo in and it's lost quite abit of its leaves but the blooms are still hanging on...lol.
:) Donna

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Beautiful pictures, Gordon. I love the combination of vines you have.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

seed picker .. yes a lovely blue..
Jmorth... yes you are right ... the name escaped me there...
Blckwolf... well thanks... well all I can take credit for is feeding them and watering them...
Donna.. ha ha yes they drop things when they are moved inside out or outside in... mine looked like it was real dead when it went out...
AHelms.. thanks... well there are more combos// with as many vines as I have [ and such limited space ] they arrange them selves in every possible way... here's a few more ... starting with a moonflower and passaflora combo...

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Well what's left.. as they all grow together ... the passaflora and moonflower..no i justdiid that one... this is a clearondrum and passaflora I guess there are other vines... but they are off to them selves... one a Nicaragan vine whiich might produce a red flower 1 1/2 " wide and maybe 6" long..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

welll could there be more... well yes.. ya'll are so fortunate... Passflora ans porcelean berry vine

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Claremore, OK

This year's red cypress vine has set seed. If anyone would like some send me a D-mail. I've grown it with moonflower in the past.

This picture just shows the red cypress vine. If anyone has seed from the white or pink cypress vine, I'd like to swap or trade. I haven't got my list up yet. I'm a newbie.

Thumbnail by darlindeb
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

darlindeb your red cypress looks fantastic!
:) Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.