Greenhouse covering: poly or reinforced film in odd shapes

Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

I need to figure out how to cover an odd shaped greenhouse which could potentially involve *lots* of seams to make the covering fit well. Has anyone done anything like this? Any ideas on how to make flat film or reinforced greenhouse fabric conform to an odd or rounded shape?
Thanks.

Priest River, ID

Could you give us a better idea of what shape you are dealing with ? Could twin wall work ???You have a great green house place in your area....I just ordered 10mm Twinwall from them---best price around........ 888-326-8634 ask for Rick...They carry pretty much everything SandyC

Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

It's a multifaceted frame designed to be covered by a form-tailored reinforced poly film. Unfortunately it needs a new covering and it's no longer made. I can:

--Purchase my own reinforced plastic covering and piece it together, but that would require carefully measuring and cutting a large number of segments and being able to handle all of the seams in a way that would weather well and be air tight.
---Attach some kind of poly film retaining system to the frame in between each facet, but this would still require lots of precise measuring and cutting, have to be replaced more often than the heavier weight material, and require a considerable length of retaining strips for all of the seams, which would probably become quite expensive.
--Glaze the frame with polycarbonate, but this would require a large length of edge fasteners between all of the frame segments, to the point that these would cost more than the polycarbonate itself.

Thanks for the reference. I wasn't aware that there were any greenhouse suppliers around here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.