thanks lenjo!!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

these are some of the dahlia's i received from lenjo for the xmas exchange in 2004.

top row, left to right. blue streak, brian fay, arabian nights
2nd row. aljo frills, new creation, lollipop
3rd row. figurine, french doll, blue streak

This message was edited Sep 19, 2005 8:17 PM

Thumbnail by daylily970
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

some of my other dahlia's!

Thumbnail by daylily970
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

more dahlia's

Thumbnail by daylily970
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

more of my dahlia's.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Centerville, UT(Zone 6a)

They're beautiful! Can you share the names?

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

thanks! i only know the names for the first picture. will add the names there. here's more of my dahlia's.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

unknown dahlia's.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

last picture.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Daylily970,
I know the 2nd post couple dahlias.
The bottom one on the left looks like 'Park Princess' and the one on the right is 'Rosella'.
The rest I can only guess and won't. I hate to be wrong.
Nice colleagues.
Carol

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Oh lovely! I really like the darker purple anemone: furry center! And Blue Streak! How are the stems on that beauty? And lollipop is just eye popping. I am in awe that you can make your photos show up like that. Do your friends call you Kreskin or David Copperfield?

I agree with Carol/ruffles: I think the pink with a bit of yellow is Rosella. I think the deep dark purple with white collar might be Impression Fantastico if it's short < 2ft and small blooms ~2 inches across. Great little bloomer obtained from Lowes.

More importantly: How do you explain the wasted space aplenty circled in red here? Hmmm? Do you KNOW how many dahlias would fit into that lawn? You have some lovely choices there, no sense stopping now~!

Thumbnail by Poochella
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh, Annie,
You are so so so funny!
Leave poor Daylily970 alone!
Maybe she likes lawn too!
Hehe.
Carol

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

It's not just the lawns that are unsafe here Carol. I am seriously thinking about abandoning many of my perennials next year in favor of more space for dahlias. It's just too hard to dig up new beds here without a plow and mule or serious machinery. And the deer have eaten half of them anyway, but not touched the dahlias.

The solution is obvious to me!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

annie, you will not believe how much space is wasted. i standing behind bed where you circle wasted space.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I sit before you mouth agape. Your beautiful yard looks like the perfect spot for a half acre of dahlias! You could leave a little swatch for croquet, if you want. But really, how often would you play? What lovely, sunny flat land! I know where you can get a good deal on a rototiller.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Go for it, Annie, you can start another career, dahlia consultant par excellence. LOL Carol, you are not as dahlia crazy as you thought, are you? We must get Annie to DA, dahlias anonymous. LOL

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

that's okay, annie. i have a little rototiller and a big one. i live on a 206 acre farm, my yard is little over acre. just think what you could do with that much ground. here's my back garden.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes, Belinda,
You have the most beautiful garden that I have ever seen. So nicely organized and cleaned up.
WOW!
What do you grow on the huge farm?
I see dahlias peaking all over your yard.

Yes, Joann, I think we should start a dahlia anonymous, DA, for all of us. LOL!!!

Carol

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

it's my dh mother's farm. they are growing soy beans this year. i have dahlia's all over. you will have to check out my garden diary, will be posting pictures there. belinda

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

A rototiller and 206 acres, oh my! A rototiller and 206 acres, oh my.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/poochella/Miscellaneous/A_5odie.gif

If you were reeeeeaalllly nice to your Mother in Law, do you think she'd lend you a couple additional acres? You could have all the dahlias you want AND a croquet court. You lucky dog!

Your yard is beautiful, and so flat I am green with envy. Love all the wood structures with your brick- very well suited to each other.
How would I find your 'garden diary' to see photos? Is it a feature here at DG?

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Click the person's name and it will come up to their members page. Then you will see the list of like diary, jounal,etc.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.