Second Thanksgiving Robin

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

THIS ROBIN IS NOW CLOSED.

Anyone who didn't get in on the first Thanksgiving robin still interested? If so, I will start it off similar to what Sheran is doing - a bunch of seeds and some Thanksgiving-related items. You take what you want, replace with like items, and mail it on.

We do want this to get around to everyone before Thanksgiving, so will need to get it started quickly!

Gwendalou

This message was edited Oct 10, 2005 8:34 AM

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

I would love to join your Robin -thanks robin

Mars Hill, NC(Zone 6a)

I would love to participate also.
Thanks.
Judy

Victorville, CA

Yup me too!
-Juli

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I'll give it a try! Thanks Juli for giving me the heads up! I have not done a round robin before so please be sure to give me some instructions for how it is done.
Thanks so much
Susan
=^..^=

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Cool, there are five of us! I'm working on the box and I will keep this open until I get it ready to send, then close 'membership' off.

Gwen

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm up for this one if you still have it open Gwen.
-Garity

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Garity, it is still open and will be til mid/end of next week when I get back from a girls' road trip. Hope to find some fun things on the trip to put in the box! Then it'll be closed and the box will go out. So you may not hear from me for a few days but everything is still on. Please dmail me your mailing address.

Gwendalou

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Hi, all,

Back from my trip and putting this together. Will get it in the mail end of this week hopefully, if not Monday for sure. And I'll post when it goes out and the listing.

Thanks for playing!
Gwendalou

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi...I'd like to join if it's not too late!
-Tiffany :-)

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Sure, it sounds like fun. Doris

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Me too

Tina

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Hey, Tiffany, I just noticed your address. I just was informed over this past weekend that Sumner is an excellent shopping town. Is that true? Where the heck is it? What 'big' city are you near? How far driving time from Seattle?

I was shopping in a cute shop in Raymond, WA (I got the *most* adorable pumpkin-headed doll which will *not* be going in the Thanksgiving robin box ), and the shop owner told me that Sumner was good shopping. I was on a girls' shopping/movie trip with a friend who drove up from Calif. I met her in Portland and we hit Canon Beach, Seaside, Astoria, and then drove up thru Raymond and Aberdeen before heading over to 5. We thought about looking for Sumner but decided we needed to get back here to Whidbey as the husband was tired of getting 3 kids off to school in the mornings.

Gwendalou

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Okay, guys, this robin is closed now. (Not sure how to do that in the subject line, can anyone tell me?)

Also, Tiffany, need your address today as this goes out tomorrow!

Thanks, everyone,
Gwendalou

Victorville, CA

Gwendalou- Just go to the very first thread that you posted and edit it to say across the top that this one is now closed so people reading the first thread will see and go no further.
-Juli

Chapel Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

If there is still room, then I would love to be in!

Oops, I didn't read everything and didn't realize this was closed. Oh well, better luck for me next time.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2005 7:34 PM

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the info. I never noticed the small 'edit' before on my posts! That was fun.

Gwen

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Hi, all,

The box went out today. Here is the order:

1. Robin Davis (mainroses)
2. Garity Line (garityann)
3. Judy Ricker (antgranny)
4. Amy Adams (amybabyboy3)
5. Tina Bolin (tmbolin)
6. Susan Coker (9kittymom)
7. Doris Morey (djm906)
8. Juli Kardash (Juli64)
9. Tiffany (tiffanya)
10.Gwen Brass (gwendalou)

I tried to do it so that I was sending it to the farthest person first and then have it come back across the country to me. (Supreme test of my geography skills - I think I'm close. )

I accidentally left out Tiffany's name and address on the list, so, Robin, will you please add her as #9 and change me to #10. Juli, I will email you privately with Tiffany's full name and address. Sorry for the omission, Tiffany. I got 5 boxes ready this morning to mail out. I always mail out Halloween boxes to my godchildren and nephews and it's always confusing. I was so proud of myself for getting it all done and then read your email! Anyway, forgive me, and you are on the list and the box will come to you!

When I do robins, I try and leave the price tags on items so that people have a good sense of what they are replacing.

Hopefully this will make the rounds to everyone by Thanksgiving. I know it doesn't give you a lot of time to hang on to the box, but you know it's coming, so be prepared!

Thanks, everyone, for playing. I think it'll be fun. Please post when you get the box and send it on.

Gwendalou

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Well, it did NOT go out today as I discovered today is Columbus Day. So back they came to me! But they are in the back of the car ready to go tomorrow.

Gwendalou

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

>>Sumner is an excellent shopping town. Is that true?

It's a fun little town for shopping. There are lots of primitive decor shops, a couple of toy stores, cat store (cat themed knick-knacks)...a dog store just opened next to it (I've got to get downtown to check that one out!). It is a great place for gift shopping.

There's also an arts/crafts festival downtown the 1st weekend of every August. The stores all have sidewalk sales on that Fri/Sat; lots of good deals.

>>Where the heck is it? What 'big' city are you near? How far driving time from Seattle?

The biggest nearby city is Tacoma. I work in Seattle -- travel to Seattle is about 45 minutes off-peak, but can be up to 90 minutes in heavy traffic. Sumner is really close to Puyallup -- just over 5 minutes to drive to the state fairgrouds/downtown Puyallup.

Ah, Raymond is a cute town. We were just through Raymond last week on vacation. We went to Long Beach and had a great time with the dogs on the beach...such fun! :-)

It'll be interesting to see if you receive anything you started the box with. I have some fun things to add and am looking forward to participating in my first Round Robin at Daves Garden. :-)

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I made sure I put stuff in the box I liked just in case it came back to me! ;)

I will definitely have to make a trip to Sumner one of these days to check it out.

Gwendalou

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Robin, have you received the box yet? Seems like it should be there by now!

Gwendalou

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Robin, Anything yet?

Gwendalou

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

I wanted you to know I am not home.last week I had to drive to flordia.My neice took a overdose and is in icu in flordia hospital
I am not sure when I am returning to send box out.It is touch and go for her.I do know it got delievered.all my mail is being picked up and is in my house.I will send out when i return.I am sorry for the delay. as i didnt know this would happen.please pray for my neice .thanks robin

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Oh, Robin, I'm so sorry to hear about your niece. I hope she gets better soon. What a hard time for your family.

If you have a friend taking care of your house, maybe you could have them just slap a label on the box and send it on to garityann. We can get it back to you later. I will email you privately with her address.

I'll be keeping your niece in my prayers and thoughts. I'm so sad for her.

Gwendalou

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Gwendalou, have you heard anything yet about getting the box going again? It's a shame this had to happen, poor Robin.
Susan
=^..^=

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

No, I haven't heard back anything. I'm sure with what their family is going thru, our box and Dave's Garden is the last thing on their minds. I do wish there was some way someone could have gotten that box and just moved it on, but I also understand the situation.

I am having the *worst* time with robins lately. I'm in that 12-month swap thing and while I'm working on sending out my 4th box, I have received only 1. I'm asking myself, "What is wrong with this picture?"

Gwendalou

Gwendalou,
If you have only received one box you need to make sure you let the person who started it know. If there are people who aren't able to participate because things have come up then the list can be revamped for the people who are going to follow through. I am in the other 11 month swap and that was understood before we started that any of us needed to let Melissa know if for some reason we couldn't continue sending out boxes every month. Of course we all know things come up and life gets crazy but one little note to the person in charge can do wonders for everyone involved.

Hope that helps!

With the Thanksgiving Robin not moving right now we can still look forward to having a new decoration for Thanksgiving next year if it takes too long to get around. I'm still excited for it!

-Garity

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Well, I have some cute Thanksgiving/autumn items for the box...and since I think it goes from me to Gwendalou, I hope she shares my tastes (as well as those of others) re: what is "cute"! Hehe. ;-) (I vend at local craft fairs and found some great little Thanksgiving items at this weekend's bazaar.)

I hope Robin's family has found some peace during this critical time. Her neice is in our thoughts and prayers.

:-T

This message was edited Oct 23, 2005 7:35 AM

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Garity, yes, I don't think the box will be around by Thanksgiving, even if Robin had been home and gotten it out immediately. There are too many people and only a short time between when it went out and Thanksgiving. I always buy stuff on sale after a holiday and then am excited to use it for the first time the following year, so I figured this would be the same.

Tiffany, I can't wait!

I'm hoping Robin's niece has pulled thru. I feel so sorry for them. I have 3 teenagers myself (besides once being one!), and I know how lost and lonely life can feel during those years, as well as how easy it is to make a disasterously wrong decision at that age. Every time one of them leaves the house I pray that they'll make it back safe. They are hardly ever all three at home at the same time, but that's the only time I can relax - when I know they're all safe under our roof.

Not hearing from Robin has me worried that things may not be going well. I will spend today sending prayers and healing thoughts in that direction.

Gwendalou

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

wanted you all to know i arrived home today a drive of 3 days gayann my neice is still on breathing machine for some reason she hasnt breathed on the machine fully.but i had other reasons for not staying my hubby has 2 blood clots in his leg .
I will look threw box and send out tommorrow thanks for waiting and thanks for all the prayers robin

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

My goodness. When it rains, it pours. I'm sorry to hear about the blood clots!

In the 90s, I worked with a guy who had clots in his legs...healthy fellow who excercised regularly (if you consider golf regular exercise, which I do...walking is always good for a person!)...they were able to medically resolve his clots, so I hope that 10-12 years of additional technology can prove beneficial to your husband, too.

Like Gwendalou, I can also empathize with having been a teenager feeling lost and lonely. Things haven't been getting any better for teens either — so many pressures in their environments. I continue to wish the best for your neice. We've seen a few close-calls in teen boys in our extended family (cousins) — very serious hospital stays with lots of medical devices hooked up; thankfully both boys recovered and are doing better. I pray for the right outcome for your neice and family.

Best wishes.

:-T

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Robin, what a rough time you're going through! I hope things start looking up for you guys. And continued thoughts for your niece (and husband!).

gwendalou

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

Gwendalou
and all thanks so much for prayers and thoughtfulness at this time
I am going to send out to next on list right or should i send back home to you??/I am sorry for delay went and got some nice things this am awaiting your pm just before i send back out
thanks for hosting robin

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Robin, send to the next person on the list. Which is garityann.

Thanks so much,
Gwendalou

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

Great shipping out !

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

conf #0305 0830 0004 1434 6997 on its way to Va

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

has this arrived yet?robin

Hey, got it late yesterday. I'll have it in the mail Monday. I already have postage printed out for it and everything...gotta love that paying for postage online (plus you get free tracking even if you just print the label online and go to the post office to pay for postage!)

-Garity

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

garity can you explain how you do that printing postage online
at usps i had a probelm can you d-mail me thanks robin I hate cost of dc and have to use it

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.