Lavender cup and saucer vine.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I have a lavender cup and saucer vine to trade for blooming or unusaul houseplants. Lou

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Lou-
Hi!
How is the streptocarpus doing/rooting??

I have a rooted pink flowered plant, that is great for hanging baskets. It was not ready last time we traded, but have two nicely started hanging baskets of it, now.

It has many names: Dissotis rotundifolia(syn.Tibouchina osbeckia)-"Spanish shawl" This makes a nice tropical groundcover, or a beautiful draping hanging basket.(Have also seen this labeled Heterocentron Elegans, & Schizocentron elegans).
http://www.nativehabitat.com/tibouchina.html

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

The strep didn't make it. It sure was healthy when I received it, but I tried to root it in vermiculite and it died a sudden death. Not sure why. I will gladly send the vine in exchange to the pink flower you mentioned. The vine had grown to almost blooming size when the squirrels ate it of at ground level. I t came back , but it won't bloom before our frost comes. Lou

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

How about I send you some ROOTED strep, along with the tibouchina osbekia.
I normally root the streptocarpus in soil. Vermiculite may have been too "dry" for them.

They like a culture similar to african violets in regard to moisture and light...
I've got your address in an email still, so can get these out to you on Wednesday. Still have company today, or I'd mail it out today...
thank you!

I'll keep it in the greenhouse and come Spring, if you want it, again, let me know. I'll try to root some over the winter.
-T

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.