Elise

Eureka, CA

Hi.... the next two pics are of a dahlia the owner of "Almand's Dahlia Farms" called "Elise". I lost a lot of dahlias this year to gophers.... but I saved Elise and put it in a container for the rest of the season. Has anyone else ever heard of Elise? Do you know this by any other name?

Thanks much and enjoy,

Sanna

Thumbnail by sannajane
Eureka, CA

And the next one.....

Sanna

Thumbnail by sannajane
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Boy, sure haven't heard or seen 'Elise' but it is so pretty colors.
Too bad about the gophers tho.
Maybe try to do raised beds for the dahlias? With wire on the bottom to keep them out?
Carol

Eureka, CA

You bet - that's my plan for next year. I have two previously used for veggies - with wire. And I think I'll switch to dahlia beds. Veggies don't really do all that well where I am, except for squash. And how much zuchinni can I eat???

I've been enjoying all your pictures this summer. An inspiration!

Take care,

Sanna

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Well, thank you very much, Sanna.
That means a lot to me that people are enjoying my dahlias as much as I am.
I am kind of surprised that the vegies don't do well. I would have thought they would in northern CA.
Carol

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Oh, that's a beauty too. I am a real sucker for purple and white- oh dear.... LOL. Have you searched much for "Elise?" All I can find refers to an orange short 'classic' dahlia.

What do you guys call a gopher? We have moles- underground boring monsters that erupt in mole hills all around my garden and now inside it too. We have cute little chipmunks with typical black stripes down back and tails. We have small red squirrels and the rare fat gray squirrel. I'm just curious what a gopher would be like. I wonder if they're called different things in different areas.

SannaJan whatever your flower is named, it is gorgeous!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.