'HOPE'

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

There is an Echinacea called 'Hope' that is pale pink and the proceeds go to breast cancer research if anyone is interested. ..I got one for my daughter-in-law who just had a double mastectomy. I ordered it through Crownsville Nursery. sorry i do not have a picture but the plant was very good size and very healthy looking.

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Does this apply only to the ones through Crownville Nursery or can I get them somewhere else and still have the proceeds go to breast cancer research?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I am sure you can get it anywhere and SOME of the proceeds go to breast cancer. I just found it by accident looking at their nursery.

http://www.terranovanurseries.com/pages/plantsC3.html

What a great idea. It's beautiful too.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks for posting..i do not know how to do those links.

There are several ways I think. I just right click on the address bar, copy, and paste when you get back to the reply box, or wherever you want to place it.

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Levilyla: The first time I tried to copy and paste, I thought I was doing it wrong because it looked like a regular internet address instead of a hyperlink, but Dave has it set up so that when you post your message to the thread, it becomes a hyperlink.
Sharon

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

thanks but I have never even copy and pasted anything...LOL I will try

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

Mom you have copied and pasted you highlight a link and right click and choose copy then go to where you want it and right click and choose paste I have seen you do it !! go ahead and give it a shot!! LOL

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

you come and show :~)

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

I will do that when the snow melts LOL

(Zone 7a)

And that will be when??? I'll bet our snowdrops will have gone to seed under the snow here before our little Matterhorn melts - LOL

How are you two fixed for snowdrops?

Thanks for posting about 'Hope', Levilyla -

karen

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I have tons of them if you are interested.....50 today.

(Zone 7a)

Ohhh - that turns me green. Our initial ten bulbs from the hardware store 25 years ago have self-sowed into a wonderful sward through periwinkle against the trunk of a monster silver maple. They were beginning to bloom last Saturday before snow covered our NW facing hill up to my knees (waist high in drifts and I am no shorty). If yours aren't under a foot of snow right now, that's amazing considering how close our gardens are to each other.

The roots from that tree make quite a bulging lacework in the ground. Levilya, what would you plant there? Yew is doing okay against the property line there, and so are the periwinkle and snowdrops, but I'd like to come forward from the yew with another bed about 35' x 5'. Some of our ferns seems willing to spread there. But can you recommend anything else?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Geranium macrorrhizum..epimedium...Hellebores...Hakonachloa...mondo grass...Christmas ferns...Euphorbia Robbiae....We had 18 inches of snow here. Snow drops are hidden at this time. Winter aconite is great this time of year also.

(Zone 7a)

Thanks Levilyla. We're growing most of those already. They are wonderful plants. What I'd really love is to make a primrose path in that spot. But I don't know of any species of primula that can take the dry rootiness of that maple shade. Epimedium would be just as dainty and certainly more foolproof, but it doesn't have the stature of a Legendary Flower like the primrose. Am open to any ideas. What would you suggest for a small woody plant 'mongst geranium macrorrhizum to add interest to the bed in front of the yew? Seems too shady for azaleas. Camellias would need to be artificially watered, and so would hydrangeas.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Primula kisoana

(Zone 7a)

thank you.

I hope your sister-in-law recovers quickly and is well again, soon.

will not be able to post again for a while - y'all take care.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.