Fun Sunday!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A lady in a nearby town died recently. She had been an antique dealer for over 40 years. A company conducted an estate tag sale at her house Friday, Saturday, & today. Today was ½ price.
I was like a kid in a candy shop. Lots of colored depression glass, which is my favorite. After I had filled many boxes & paid my bill, I asked what they were going to do with what didn't sell. They mentioned family & Salvation Army store. Then they asked if I wanted to come back after the closing time for better deal, of course I did! So now when I get all this stuff cataloged & priced, I will have a super inventory. It is really getting hard to find depression glass at decent prices.
At auction you usually have collectors who pay top dollar. That doesn't fit very well for making a profit.
Some lady bought all the Candlewick dishes today. She collects them. There was 2 - 8ft tables full.
She ended up buying for less than ½ of book value.
Some days we can actually have fun!
Bernie

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!