Which Dahlia

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

She's a beauty but I haven't a clue as to her name, A friends Mother who has about a acre of dahlia's gave me several tubers this year and this is the only one I can't identify, nor can my friends mother.

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

this is really a sweet pretty little thing. Sorry I don't know the name.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes, that is a pretty and different one. Don't know the name either.
An acre of dahlias?! Oh my, that sounds like a dream to me. lol
Carol

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Carol it is amazing, she is 82 (she would kill me if she knew I told her age) and every fall digs the tubers and stores them in the root cellar, Come spring she plows the "Dahlia Garden" and plants them back. I am lucky to have meet her because she is always giving me plants, tubers, vines etc. This spring she gave me a grocery bag full of tubers, a wonderful large white clematis and a japanese maple seedling form her tree. Don't you just love sweet little ladies?

Gary

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Under no circumstances should you tell her you divulged her age!
Could be death to the free tubers! And she sounds good with a shovel... how fast can you run?

How big is that pretty bloom across? That might help with identifying it. I always admire the yellows/oranges at this time of year- very pretty.

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Poochella, When it is fully open it is about 5 to 6 inches in diameter. When it first strats blooming it is reddish orange and then fades to the yellow, It has to be one of my favorites.

Gary

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Through the years, I have had several little old ladies give me wonderful things from their gardens. They certainly are great, I have a friend now who is still quite the gardener at 86. I think that is why she is in such good shape. The garden, soon I will that little old lady. LOL

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Here's a better pic I think Still looking for name.

Thumbnail by gldandrews

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.