Thank YOU Seedpicker....

Mesilla Park, NM

Lookie here.. I rely alot on my memory, so forgive me if I spell this wrong..

This is Clematis Pitcherii, from a plant that Taylor sent me this spring. WOW, the photos do not do this justice, but I wanted to thank Taylor.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

One more..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Very pretty, Gourd!
:) Donna

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey girl!
I just now saw this...

Antoinette-you are just SO welcome!

I hope you are not disappointed with the flower size. They are certainly not near as big as the regular large flowered clematis, but as the vine ages and grows in size, the tiny flowers are actually quite captivating "en masse"...
-T

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Different and beautiful.... you sent me seeds of this vine. I sowed but no success yet.
Kaleem

Mesilla Park, NM

Taylor,

I love the flower, size and all. It is so pretty and I missed the first blooms a couple of months ago. It did have one seed and when I went to look for it, it was gone. It is so worth it to me. And I think of you when I see it.

Kaleem,

This is the first season I have this plant. It is so pretty.

Kaleem-
Don't give up! They can take a LONG time!

If they are sown immediately when ripe, they'll germinate within weeks. If they gain any age at all, they need a cold spell.

If you got seeds and they've been stored for any period of time, at all, then they'll need to experience a winter(real or perceived) before they germinate.

They also seem to like the erratic temperatures and fluctuations outside. If trying to germinate them in a temperate greenhouse, they'll either take forever, or not germinate at all...

Antoinette-So glad you like them just the way they are! lol...let me know if you want more of them...
-T

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

I sowed only three seeds and other are still in my seed box. I watered them daily.
You are right they will take long time to germinate. I am waiting anxiously.
Kaleem

Kaleem-watering them every day may be too much...they normally live on just natural rain fall. They'd probably do better outside.

I'd suggest you get a gallon, or larger pot, fill with soil sow all your seeds to the depth of twice the seed width(the general rule), and then tag them and forget about them until spring, (which is when they'll probably germinate, if they've not already gotten too much water).

I think you might be loving them(watering them) to death...

Let me know if you need more seeds. Mine are very fresh. You can send a sase for some.

Laurens, SC(Zone 8a)

Wow!! What a totally cool looking vine!! Never seen one like this one!! Bonnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.