Datura Seeds Anyone??

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

I have about 200 d. discolor seeds I would like to share. None of my neighbors are interested in gardening or flowers. That's the reason I joined Daves Garden. LOL !! It's way to many seeds for me!! I really hate to see them go to waste. Just send sase. Thanks

Thumbnail by meag848
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Would love to add yours to my collection, thanks for the offer, sending dmail :)

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I would love some! I will get the sase in the mail on Monday.
Susan

my SASE is on the way!
thanks so much!
marsha

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

I would love a couple of those seeds...if you have anymore. Thanks for sharing!

I'm with you Meag848...none of my neighbors garden or grow flowers either (that I know of). But since I joined DG I have found plants I didn't even know existed! I'm hoping next year as things that I've found here grow in my yard...might spark some interest in my neighbors...or so I'm hoping. :-)

Thanks,
Lisa

lmk if you still have...so I can send out the sasbe. Thanks!

This message was edited Sep 20, 2005 11:26 AM

West Branch, MI(Zone 5a)

would love some seed m.minto@sbcglobal.net

Clinton, ON(Zone 5b)

I have never seen one like this. Its beautiful meag

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Just noticed your thread. Do you have anymore seeds available? That is a beautiful flower! What about the fragrance?

Betty

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Sure do! It smell heavenly!

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

I will send you an envy today. Could you use some Double Purples or Hardy Hibiscus seeds, I have Red and a pretty pink?

Thanks
Betty

This message was edited Oct 11, 2005 5:15 PM

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

This is really a beautiful one with the purple inside.

I have some seeds in these colors to trade if you still have some left ?
Double white
Large white
single Lilac

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Brigitte

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

I like this 1 a bunch. How big are the flowers and how big are the bushes? I'd love a little more info on it if you have any.
I have several different Datura's that you may want to trade seeds for. I have double and triple purple and some of these purple are called "Ruffled" and they have a ruffles around the edges where the others are more smooth or even. I hope that makes sense;). I also have double yellow and 2 different whites.

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

This, as you well know, has not been a good summer. The flowers are about 5 to 6 inches.And she sure does smell! I have mine in pots. It got about 2 ft high and 2 ft wide. I also have one called big alba. Cream colored double. Sure I'll trade for some of you "ruffles" and dbl. yellow. D-mail me

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

meag848
Would you please take a look at this thread I just started?
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/551036/
I posted several different pictures with numbers as all the name tags were destroyed by puppies. Tell me what numbered plant your interested in and we can go from there. I think this would be my best bet to insure you get the seeds you'd like;)
Thanks, JD

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

JD - Thanks for this kind offer. If you are not yet totally committed, please save me some d. inoxia and the yellow#2. I will send you a SASE pretty quick!

Peter

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

JD, I need an address please. I can't find you in the exchange.

Thornville, OH

meag848, do you have any seeds left? I'd love some if you do...I'll get a sasbe out to you anyways...if your out just re-use the envelope...thanks, mark

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone for your kind words and offers. Let's hold off a little longer before mailing all this stuff out. I don't know about you all but I still have some maturing and many other seeds to collect. My thinking is, if we hold off for maybe another month we'll all have more types to share. I promise I won't forget those of you whom have already dmailed me, you're at the top of the list and will stay there;).
I'd like to trade for other kinds of seeds too, not just Datura's. I have tons of clematis, passion flowers, hibiscus and many others I'd like to entice you all with so I can get more kinds of seeds.
What am I looking for? LOL I don't know for sure and never do it seems until I see them growing. I know I'mma mess. This last season, I planted many seeds of vines called Jerusalem vines and purple hyacinth beans. I didn't think we'd want them and they were just an experiment. From what I can see, the 2 vines are identicle and are also now in my wife's top 5 list. LOL Go figure huh?
So hang in there if you can, if you're wanting to plant now I can make exceptions.
Thanks all, JD

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

I'll kep the paddead enavelope in the ready!

Pter

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

meag848 - Thank you for the seeds! Lets just hope I can grow them. This will be my first time attempting to grow Datura. Any tips about seed germination? Should I wait until spring?

Thanks,
Lisa

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

check out this years hyacinth beans...so easy to grow....be advised they start late in the summer..I start the seed in peat pots and plant pot and all in place.........the seeds are still not ready to harvest. they turn brown and dry on the vine...make many seeds for trading and they ARE beautiful...even the leaves are attractive...

Thumbnail by jackieshar

mega....I REALLLLLY... would like to have some of the double creams..Big alba..wherever did you find it? I have looked for some time.......... I have seed for a beautiful triple yellow you might like

Lisa.......I would think in zone 8 you can plant the seed now...I do with my whites and they do great.......a good winter mulch helps....save some seed for the spring planting if you are not confident

Thumbnail by jackieshar

JLD....do you have sweet autumn clematis?...i am looking for seed or preferably a starter plant

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Jackie, I also have the autumn clematis. Came from my grandmother's years ago. Say you have dbl. yellow datura? d-mail me we gotta "talk." Melanie

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Jackie
Do you have another name or a picture of this clematis? I can't find it under the name you provided. We have over a dozen different kinds of clematis and my most recent additions were all Autumn bloomers. Sadly the weather has taken most all of them down for the winter but I did collect many seeds. If I don't have it, I'll be looking for it ASAP. I know if it's 1 your interested in, I'm sure it will be yet 1 more I must have too;)
Please find a photo of it if you can
JD

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Melanie
Please post a picture of this clematis if you can. Also, try to save me a few seeds if you can, I think I have the yellow Dat. your looking for.
Thanks, JD

Fruitport, MI(Zone 5a)

JLD, Here's a link with pictures and info about the sweet autumn clematis. I too have this plant. It hasn't gone to seed yet but when does, you're welcome to seed. I'll even send you cuttings if you would to try to root them.

http://www.floridata.com/ref/c/clem_ter.cfm

kathyvm.......thanks for the link........exactly what I wanted

melanie....you have mail

JLD..........gotta have some ruffles for my collection...is this pic of the one you have?

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks Kathy, that is exactly the one I have!

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

jackie
I know I planted seeds with that name but they all look so darn similar. I can only reffer you back to the thread I started with all the individual photo's and hope you can pick it out of them.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/551036/
There were seeds named "Double Ruffled Purple" and I know they grew. I think all the double and triples appear ruffed to different degrees. I'm collecting seeds and keeping pictures of the flowers in hope of being able to tell them apart and knowing which 1 is which. Maybe you'll be able to pick it out of all the pictures I have, I sure hope so;)
JD

Thumbnail by JLD_II

right center, I believe..... jd.......good job with the collages

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Thank you very much;). Try to keep an eye on that picture so when we do mail out our seeds, I won't forget that 1.
JD

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Did the seed trading ever get started??? Just being nosey.

Judy

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Meag ~ do you still have seed to trade? (for the photo at the top)

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

I have yet to start any trading on my end. I still have 3 paper plates covered with various seeds just sitting out collecting dust on the light of my aquarium! LOL I need to seperate and organize them all. My wife and I have so many paper bags full of various seeds stashed away all over the house. We'll get around to it very soon I hope, there is just so much to do....I'm sure you guys can relate, atleast I hope so;)
JD

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh yes, I can relate. After I start wondering where all of my dishes are ~ dessert plates, coffee cups, etc.....plain old mailing envelopes work awfully well. :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Meag, if you have seeds left I would love a few too. PLMK

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

hi,, was reading all the good stuff. Hopefully next year I will have more seeds to trade. am new to Dave's. Was reading about storing seeds.... I save a lot of the return envelopes I get in the mail and use them. Elaine

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Welcome to DG, Elaine!

Edited cuz I can't spell!

This message was edited Jan 23, 2006 7:11 PM

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Moby,,, thank you. We were in Lincoln in 2003... pretty there. Played golf at one of the best municipal courses we have ever played. better than many private ones...can't remember name....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.