Violacea Form #3

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I just love this one

Thumbnail by Calalily
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

My favorite and I think I lost it.....

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Very pretty, Cala! Never seen this one before. Did you start it from seeds or cuttings?
:) Donna

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

That one's cute!

I "think" it came from Gaylams. She shared so much with me and so did Taylor(and y'all know how terrible I am at mixing people up)
CC, I will attempt to start you one.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

If you ever have any extra cuttings rooted......
;) Donna

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I love you Susie.......

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

WOW Susie, that one is sure different.

I really like it. It and Blue Bouquet are two of my favorites.

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Calalilly. I'd love to swap some cuttings if you ever get a chance.
If I remember correctly...Don't I owe you a White P. Caerulea cutting I promised a month or so ago? My memory is also quite challenged and keeping up with all the trades is maddening but it's all good.
If I do owe you, please email me so I can get it and maybe some others to you.
thanks, JD

JD, you expect me to remember??? I want to trade plants for memory cells, lol. I am attempting to root cuttings. My little aquarium/terrarium is working pretty good. P. x decaisneana made a callus on the top of the stem too, like it was trying to root at both ends!

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Cala Didn't you send me cuttings/plants recently? I'm thinking you may have but I was overwhelemed in 1 day with a bunch of boxes full that I wasn't expecting.
Do you not have P. purple Haze yet? My new cuttings another of our friends sent me are almost big enough for me to take a few cuts off of. I'd happily send you some but would preffer trading;). I have a few other rooted cuttings of other Passion flowers that maybe needing a home soon.I owe many people from other trades but I think I made extra's to ensure I'd have enough.
I'm so bummed out with this very unusual and depressing weather. It's only 58F and rainy today, it should be 80f and sunny per normal. Tis life i guess.
JD

JD, yes I sent cuttings of Lady Margaret. Did they survive? If not, I have more(that's the one taking over the house). I will chop on Violacea when it quits blooming(or gets a branch without flowers)
I thought I had Purple Haze, but I don't. I lost a lot of my passifloras when we moved. It was my fault, I thought they could survive bare root wrapped in newspaper and they probably would have, except it was freezing the day we left TN.
I forgot to say: I'm not in a hurry for a piece of your PH, I've got to make more room!

This message was edited Sep 15, 2005 10:10 PM

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

OK! I knew you had sent me some. Sadly the hot weather killed off all the passiflora I think. I have 2 kinds of Jasmine that I cut up and put into Rapid Rooter cubes and they all rooted well. I know a couple of the rooted plants you sent took well but I can't remember which you sent or where I put them! LOL I'm such a mess.
Didn't6 you send me a huge amount of fresh cuts? I'm pretty sure it was you and I thank you. I just wished I could of gotten more to live.
have you tried using the Rapid Rooter cubes yet? Man they make rooting the harder to root plants easy as pie IMO. Here is a link to them if I haven't already shown them to you.
http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/rapidrooter2.html
These are the bomb for all kinds of rooting projects. I've had everything I've tried to root take in record time except for a Jap. Maple. I think those have to be grafted if I recall correctly.
Anyhow, let me know and I'll get you some new cuttings that are already rooted and ready to transplant;)
Thanks dear and have a wonderful weekend.
JD

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

I just re read your post about loosing most of your passiflora's. I'll restock your collection ASAP.
;)
JD

Don't rush JD, I'll have to make room first!! I've got classes in SA this weekend, but don't have any more till December.
It's started to cool off here, and digging is easier since it rained.
I should make you a list of everything in the garden and see what you need cuttings from. I have Lady Margaret rooted if you still need her.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

Beautiful as usual.

Robin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.