Clothes Moths

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 5b)

Hi! Does anyone know of an organic way to get rid of clothes moths (the kind that eat wool)? We seem to have a major infestation. We have removed all of our wool clothing items and placed them in the freezer. We would really like to avoid using moth balls because of their revolting smell. Thank you very much,

Lindsey :)

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

You might try those sticky traps. Or maybe some cedar shavings, I think cedar is supposed to repel moths.

Thank you! I will try that.

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

While I do know that natural fiber clothes aren't supposed to be stored in airtight containers, I've had to resort to those airtight "Space Bags" you see advertised on TV due to the horrible problem we have with clothes moths here.

And they do work, are utterly reusable, & worth the $$.

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Lindsey;

Use: Leaves and flowers of Lavender (combine with Southernwood), Wormwood, and Rosemary for an anti-moth sachet). Tie loosely in white hankies with ribbon or yarn, hang in closets and squish and shake once in a while.

Also Bay leaves come to my mind - crushed and put in with the other herbs above; or scattered whole in your dresser drawers.

Fleabane, Feverfew, Pennyroyal and mint plants too.

Don't forget about Eucalyptus Oil, Pine needles and Cedar.

Here's a link for some other pests. Companion Plants for Pest Control http://www.gardensablaze.com/Companions/CompanionPest.htm

~* Robin

Thank you so much Robin! I am going to try it right away.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.