Looking for Dracula or Vampire Themed, Need Suggestions

Lombard, IL(Zone 5a)

I don't know why this did not occur to me sooner, being Romanian and born not too far away from the Carpathian Mountains. I was moving some iris around and it occured to me... hmmm, I have Dracula's Shadow, Immortality, Stop the Bleeding, Superstition, and a Nosferatu daylily I had to move from the daylily bed and plant with these iris. I've seen a Son of Dracula on the internet somewhere that I might just have to hunt down.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other iris along this theme?

Blandinsville, IL(Zone 5a)

ooooooooh, that is a pretty blue.....hmmm..... the iris fairy brought me a few iris to my house today, not Son of Dracula, but....:
Boysenberry Buttercup
Mulled wine
Northwest Progress
Ride the Wind
Shortman's Garnet Ruffles
Edith Wheeler

I'm not for sure of the 'Edith Wheeler' I can't seem to locate a picture of her.

I feel blessed today......hmm. wonder what I have to leave for the iris fairy to leave more. LOL

Annie

This message was edited Sep 4, 2005 6:49 PM

Lombard, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, Annie, that's almost 20 iris the iris fairy has bestowed upon you this week alone!

I would say I am jealous but you know the iris fairy sent me a huge box not that long ago, and I won't even begin to get into the order I received last week from Iris Greens, and the 30 iris replacements I have coming from Park's.

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

Oh my goodness ladies! You too are killing me! First it was Miss Annie feeding my hosta addiction and now. Both of you are getting me even deeper into the Iris thing! LOL

Do either of you like the Japanese or Louisanna iris?

Cathy

By the way I know someone that will be visited by the pkg fairy soon!!!

LOL

Lombard, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL Cathy remember what I said.... I will definitely be sharing these when I can divide them. You're in luck, half of my iris came from Annie anyway so she doesn't need first dibs on those!

BTW Cathy, did you get my last e-mail? I haven't heard back and am chomping at the bit!

This message was edited Sep 5, 2005 10:56 AM

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Annie, check out Edith Wolford, I'll bet that's the Edith one!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

20/20 just had an article about the rebirth of the dracula (etc) interest.

Here are some more - forgive me if I repeat or get too far afield.
Devil David
Fog Bound
Spring Kiss
Old Time Religion
It's magic
Mesmerizer
Spell Binder
Time Warp
Delirium
Devil's Riot
Tempting Fate
Fatal attraction
Intimidator
Black Phantom
After the Dawn
Change your ways
Impecccable taste (LOL)
It's delicious
Norotious
Whispering Spirit
Torched witch (too far afield?)
Purgatory
fatal Attraction
Voodoo Blues
Witches Wand
Spirit World
Tangled Web
Deep Dark Secret
Fire down below
Spell fire
Rogue
ruling lord
shadow warrior
firey Temper
Schzio
Suspicion.
It's very late in the season. If you want one of these, I probably have a record of where to get it. But you never know if the same ones will be there next year.

This was fun!

Lombard, IL(Zone 5a)

Oooh! You just made me realize I can move my "Kiss the Dawn" to the vampire bed! Thanks, Doss!

Port Costa, CA

Let's not forget Witch of Endor or Witching

Lombard, IL(Zone 5a)

Hmmmm, I've been looking up irises and found some interesting names:

After Dark
Almost Dark
At Dawn
Before the Dawn
Bloodline

Merlie, along the witch theme I found Witches Sabbath, a very pretty dark purple.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

naughty iris bed ?
street walker , deep throat , Harlem hussy , wench
cuss a blue streak , horny Lorrie, martini mist,
just for fun ,dirty coward,indulge,,I'm yours,. impassioned , Icarus hot to trot, hot blooded,
honky tonk hussy ,diddler ,,tiny bit tipsy ,
undercover Satan's mistress,

ill fly away and mission impossible for my garden lol

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It does seem to me that almost any black Iris could be moved to that iris bed of yours and still be in keeping with the theme.

Blandinsville, IL(Zone 5a)

Lilaclily,
The other iris fairy was from my neighbor. His wife brought back the platter I sent for her husband's funeral. She said she didn't have time right now to plant them, and that she knew I would take care of them. I told her to come and get them anytime she wanted, and she said no, her husband had ordered duplicates, and got them all planted except the ones she gave me.
I will look, but I don't know if I have any other iris that would work for your unique grouping.

Cathy,
Yep, I do like Japanese and Louisanna iris but......... Hehe I have a hard time choosing when I go to the nursery now if I want to buy a iris, hosta, or daylily..... and they don't sell a big variety of the japanese and louisanna iris where I go.

Tazzy,
LOL, @ the naughty bed. I have the start of a naughty bed. I've got 'Harlem Hussy'.

Annie

This message was edited Sep 5, 2005 10:32 PM

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

While not specific to Iris, I just started a thread over on the "Garden Talk" forum on establishing a "Gothic" garden bed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.