My pink trumpet vine

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

My Podranea riscasoliana vine is finally starting to bloom. I just wish it bloomed all summer.

Thumbnail by minigrannie
(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Cool looking flowers!!!!!
Nadine

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I wish they bloomed all summer, too!! I just love their scent. It is one of my very favorites, and such a pretty flower...
Yours are ahead of mine...thanks for the sneak preview! lol...
Congrats on your gorgeous blooms
-T

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Mine is loaded with buds and has a few flowers. It has bloomed a little bit off and on all summer, so has my blue thunbergia grandiflora. I think they're confused!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Susie, you are lucky. My pink trumpet vine never blooms until late summer or early fall. Several years ago there was a nursery here that had the Blue Sky thunbergia planted on their fence and it stayed covered in blooms all summer. I've never seen another one do that. I had one that covered a trellis that never bloomed until it was nearly time for the first frost around the end of November. For some reason, last year it didn't come back. I purchased a small one last summer as a replacement, but it hasn't bloomed yet either.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Really pretty! Such a lovely color. Is yours fragrant? What does it smell like?
I am so looking forward to mine blooming!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Minigrannie, my DH is threatening to dig up my Blue Sky vine, it's taking over one whole side of the house and is growing across the roof!
I had one in TN that always bloomed about 2 days before the first frost!
Here is the podranea

Thumbnail by Calalily
San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Aren't they pretty, Susie? Before my Blue Sky vine died (I think due to the yardman moving it (or taking it) lol, it never bloomed until late. The saddest part of all for me was that all the blooms always hung down over the fence on the neighbor's side. It was beautiful from the street behind us.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.