Alcohol consumption

Eureka, CA

Hi all.... I searched the forums, and didn't really find anything related to my question. Do any other DG members have any problem with alcohol addiction, or even just that nagging, knowing that you're drinking more than you should? Whereas I know this isn't really gardening related, it would be somewhat comfortable for me, and maybe others, to talk to a fellow gardener about this.

I know the reasons I drink, and I know that those reasons should and could be helped with other forms of assistance. But sometimes (most times) when I come home from work the first thing I want to do is pour a drink. The second thing I do (most of the year) is to do a garden-walk. Then, I can face the rest of the evening. I also suffer from depression, and yes, I know alcohol is a depressant in itself. But it is an endless cycle: I drink because I'm depressed and I'm depressed because I drink.

I would love to talk to others about this, if there are any out there. Thanks for listening.

Sanna

This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!