Santa Barbara Greenhouses?

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

http://www.sbgreenhouse.com/

Anyone have one? Anyone nearby there? I am REALLY interested in purchasing from this company. Their prices are really reasonable, offer layaway(they offer LAYAWAY! LAYAWAY I TELL YOU!!), and free shipping if ordered by Nov.1 which would save me $400-600 in freight charges (and I called this offer is good WITH layaway as well!)

Are they too good to be true? There is no feedback for them in the Garden watchdog....SO help me out...

Anyone have the lexan or flat plastic material in area that have about 6 inches of snow on the ground in winter (that's average - sometimes 12, sometimes none, sometimes a blizzard and 16-20 but we are getting a lot less snow than 20 years ago) I am in South East Pa and would love to hear about the material and how it stands up to winter. I'm not worried about the redwood too much(they offer LAYAWAY!!). Aldo the gentleman I spoke with was VERY nice! He was very helpful and said that After installation you can call back with any problems and they will halp you out.

Also they have a package deal where you get the greenhouse, a pair of redwood benches, Automatic Mist System, Exhaust Fan, Thermostat, Heavy Duty Heater, Automatic Shutter, Sunscreen Shade Cloth.

DO I need all that? Dumb question I know (depends on what I am growing) BUT I want to be able to start seeds in spring, overwinter tenders (I dream of a Bird of paradise), have more space for propagation all season and maybe grow some veggies a little longer. Not tomatoes though - we never use them all as it is.

I would really love to see one in operation (any greenhouse really) Does anyone around Philly have one they can show off and give me some pointers??

I am REALLY wanting Santa to pack a greenhouse on his sleigh for me..... Thanks for your time all!

Heather

petersburg, KY(Zone 6b)

check out www.cedarbuilt.homestead.com, they have some nice one too. I've been looking for a greenhouse and can't make up my mind.
shelly

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

They are WAY more expensive than Santa Barbra

Santa Cruz, CA(Zone 10a)

We've been looking into getting one from Santa Barbara as well. They look really nice and the company seems really helpful. Didn't know about the layaway thing though.... that sounds great! Now to decide which one......

Steamboat Springs, CO

The package deal looks good. I have been trying to call them and recording states all lines are busy, 5 times now. I have not been able to talk to anyone yet.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

For your weather, make sure to get the double wall poly carbonate panels, and you will need the heater in the cold weather. Metal conducts cold, the wood would be better if you can afford it. The included items are all very helpful, you might want to add a 2nd vent window depending on the size. I ended up getting a Rion after months of research.

Hope this helps, and happy shopping. Make sure to let us know what you decide. C4

Bloomfield, NM(Zone 6a)

Hi - we 'raised' our Santa Barbara Greenhouse last part of February. Bought the kit in May '08 - 11X16'. Took a few months to put together with the pickup sitting outside the garage.

I truly love it. If you care to try email - it's Robsbg@aol.com
And I second that excellent customer service remark.

Billie

Steamboat Springs, CO

WE BOUGHT THE SANTA BARBARA GREEN HOUSE, TOOK COUPLE WEEKENDS AND DAYS IN BETWEEN INCLUDING THE BASE. NO MAJOR PROBLEMS, THEY CHANGED THE SIZE OF THE PANELS.
INSTRUCTIONS PRETTY EASY TO FOLLOW. COULD USE A LITTLE CLARIFICATION IN COUPLE OF PLACES.
OVERALL NOT BAD. VERY HAPPY, CANT WAIT TO START USING IT..

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

What one did you get? Any pictures?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.