Weight Loss Challange Sept 3-10

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Ok, summer is almost officially over. The calender says that Sept. 22 is the beginning of autumn. Temps are down somewhat so exercising outside isn't as difficult or dangerous as in the past weeks. Soon we will be complaining about it being too chilly to go outside for walks, cycling, etc. LOL

GW, how are the headaches? And Howie's back? I think about you often and lift you before the LORD. Darius, how are you doing? Were you affected much by the storm? I see you posting a lot on storm related threads so I know you must have electricity.

How is the cycling going, Sandra? Have you reached that 40 mile a day level yet? That just blows my mind. I can't even keep my balance on a bike, much less ride one very far. I got good enough one summer about 35 years ago that I could ride a 1/2 miles at a time a couple times a day. Don't remember why I stopped. It did feel good to ride the bike. Maybe that was about the time we got horses and I started riding them instead of the bike.

Anna, are you getting ready for the October competition? You have mentioned a husband/wife routine. It that worked out yet?

Marilyn, how is the dance pad? Are you using it yet? Sounds like fun. Just the lighting sounds exciting. I love to watch those revolving light things people put under the trees at Christmas.

Pebble, we haven't heard much from you lately. Is everything ok? Has the water cooled down any? I think I remember you saying once that it was so hot that swimming wasn't something you wanted to do. Did you find any place with an indoor pool you can use?

Have I missed anyone? I know we are a small group. Oh, yes, we have 2 new people don't we?
I don't know how to shrink at this point and go back to look for names. I hope you will continue to join us. Please forgive an old woman's forgetfulness. LOL. As you post more often I will begin to remember more about you and be able to 'connect' with you more personally.

I need to get on the scale and see how much damage I've done to myself in the past week or so. I've had some really bad eating days and a few good ones. Snacking on crackers has been my downfall this past week. But I have done some serious exercising in the form of yardening.

Will go to grocery store tomorrow. Stock up on fresh and frozen veggies and some canned ones too. Would like to donate tons to hurricane victims but know that isn't possible. Will just do what we can. I know our local SA is bringing in a bus load of victims next week. I think Holly and I will try to hit the attic next week and see just how much up there is really needed and how much we can give away. I kind of feel GOD may be telling me to give up some furniture I really have strong emotions about because they were my parents. But they have sat up there for many years without getting the reupholstering they so badly need. They may have been mouse damaged. Need to check out that aspect. I know I have nearly 2 gallon jars of old mismatched silverware that I use sometimes for big get togethers. I think I could part with at least 1/2 of it and never miss it. I've been giving away items for the past year or so if we aren't using them so the amount of stuff up there isn't as big as it was. I already gave away the table and china hutch on the front porch so I wouldn't have to put them back in there.

The painter started putting on the green, orange, yellow, blue, and pink stripes today. The whole front of the house is done. It is so awesome. I'll use the digital camera to take some pictures and try to get them into this forum and the Farm Life one in a couple days.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 39 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!