A way to stretch flavored coffees

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

I love flavored coffees, but the expense is a bit rough considering I drink so much a day. After experimenting quite a bit, in my 12 cup maker, I can use 2 scoops of regular-cheap-store brand-on sale-coffee and 2 scoops of flavored coffee without affecting the taste. I use 4 scoops total because I like mine kinda strong.

I keep both coffees in air tight containers in the freezer and I set up the coffeemaker the night before. It is an extra step, but I figure I save $15 a month.

And as a side note, lol, if there is any coffee left in the pot, about once a week I pour it in a gallon milk jug and dilute it with water and give my plants a caffine boost. My ficus tree in particular really seems to like it.

mg

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!