Mesilla Park, NM

I don't..

Any ideas on this vine.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

This one is of the whole plant.

Thumbnail by Gourd
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

It kinda looks like one of my matalea species...did you plant any climbing milkweed vines?

It also reminds me of dalechampia, but the leaves are too narrow ...

hhmmm.......that is a tough one!, lol...I'm stumped...

You'll have to let us know when it blooms...my curiosity is peaked!~
-T

Mesilla Park, NM

Thanks Taylor,

You know I do have some climbing milk weed seeds, maybe i did plant some. Now I have to look up to see what the flowers look like on this. Guess we will wait for some blooms.

Mesilla Park, NM

P.S.

My dalechampia did not make it... it was very small when I got it, and it just was not strong enough I guess.

Mesilla Park, NM

Here's another shot of the leaves.. don't know if it helps.

Thumbnail by Gourd
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Yep, that is still my best guess...but the bloom could show me completely wrong...lol

I don't have a spare dalechampia, or I'd send you one, but I could definitely try to get one going for you. Mine hasn't bloomed, so certainly hasn't set seed, but I'll have to do some pruning on it come Fall, so I can over winter it. I'll try to get you one going then.

Hope all is well with you! Hubby all better now?
-T

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Antoinette,
Your dogs are BEAUTIFUL!
Years ago, I trained dogs in obedience.
Showed for a couple of years in my early 20's and had the 'highest scoring dog' in Texas. Got many 199 scores. At that time, I'd never seen any dog get a perfect 200 score.
Off the subject here, but I had to tell you I am a seriousl dog lover too. Actually Miniature Poodles [mine always came from England]. Even had an English bark....lol My last one died last year at age 15, and I'm on the search for another.
Emma

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you so much, I appreciate what you do for me Taylor..

Emma, these are my babies right now.. had three Goldens, but lost the oldest dog this past April. This is the KING, Rocky.. aka Rocket Man.. boy do I miss him.

Hope fully you will find another friend soon. I think I will not get anymore dogs if anything happens to these guys. We have two more goldens in the family, my son has their Aunt, and my daughter has a white one, one of mine's twin sister..lol.

P.S. Edited to say: I swear that everytime I try to take a picture of anything, they get in the right in front of the plant. I just gave up and don't notice them anymore till the photo comes out.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2005 7:46 AM

Thumbnail by Gourd
Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

He is a beauty, Antoinette.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.