Japanese iris online

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Finally a rainy day! I've looked at every JI at Ensata and Iris City Gardens and PF. Please let me know of any others you use. The JI's are my favorite flowers.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

My dad grows Japanese Iris and always buys his from Aitken's Salmon Creek Garden. Their website is www.flowerfantasy.net. I know the Aitkens, and they take good care of their plants. Plus, the prices are reasonable~many selections are only $5 each.

Edited to say that they don't have very many pictures on their website. However, I took a bunch of JI pics this season at their garden. The thread is here:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/519816/

This message was edited Aug 30, 2005 10:41 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH for not only a speedy reply but photos, too! This is just wonderful. I really appreciate it. Does your Dad ever trade JI's? I was just wondering what he does when they become too overcrowded.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

He just got into them two years ago, so the divisions aren't really divisible yet. I've let him know about this forum, so I'm sure when he's ready he will post it here.

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

ff- i spent saturday evening looking at your photos. i ordered 13 jl from aitkens.

flashing koi
frilled inchantment
bridge of dreams
freckled geisha
harlequinesque
hegira
pleasant sandman
rose queen
raspberry glow
night angel
butterflies in flight
ike no sazanami
rolling seas

and 2 siberians irises. dance ballerina dance and jewelled crown.

belinda

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Sounds like Spring is going to be great for you either next year or the following year (depending on when you get bloom!) Have fun! :0]

FF: I spent more than an hour looking at them. The flowers themselves are just so heavenly. I came out with a long list and then made the grave error of looking at the Louisiana irises. The colors are more varied, brighter and more beautiful on the LA's but the Japanese seem to have it in the size of each flower. I do have one at 9" across and it does look like a flowering butterfly when it dances in the breeze.

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

ff-yes, it will be. with the jl i ordered and with the irises you sent me. thanks again, belinda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.