Weight Loss Challange August 27-Sept. 3rd

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Way to go, Sandra. 25# in a year is something to be proud of. As for the up and down of a couple pounds in a day, it is nothing to be that concerned about. I have learned to not weigh daily for just that reason. Sometimes all we need is a bit of body elimination to correct the problem. Or lighter weight clothes. Or to stand on the scales a bit differently. I learned the last one by accident when I was having some balance problems one day. I finally took the closest 2 of 3 weights.

Darius, hang in there. Some of those carbs in your pantry are really good ones. Filled with fiber and valuable nutrients for your body. Can you do walking or marching in place? How about one of those pedal things that you can use while sitting in a chair. You can even use them for your arms. Any movement at all if better than none. I do hope you get to use the exercise bike of your landloard's.

Ann, welcome. DO NOT put off until later what you can do today. Even tho you eat healthy and do some exercise, if you need to lose weight starting right now can only help. So you fall off your eating lifestyle when you attend some special functions, at least you will have had something to fall off of. Sometimes our metabolism needs a jolt to get it moving into the loss lane again. If you constantly eat less than you burn for a prolonged period of time your metabolism will go into starvation mode and hang onto every calorie it can get and turn it into fat instead of muscle and energy.

I'm praying for a good healthy week for everyone. GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!