Your Favorite tip/shortcut/trick/technique on your computer

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'd like to find out some neat things that are available on most computers, but are hard to know about unless you just hear about them like these,

1. We all know the copy and paste technique, which I only learned a year ago, but it's fantastic, for those that don't know here's how to do it.
First you highlight the area that you want to copy, click your left curser button and drag it over the entire area you want to copy it will turn blue , then you right click and click on copy, then you open your new page or where ever your going to paste it, in an email for instance and right click and push the tab that says paste and there you have it, the whole sentance/paragraph pops up on your new page. I absolutely love this technique, it saves so much time.

I recently found out this one.

Say for instance your going to www.google.com and wanting to look up a bunch of images of daylilies, well you know the search box, you click on it, and all those daylily names pop up there, and eventually you have a huge list there. Here's how I found out how to clear that list out. you click on the search box and put your curser on one of those names, right click only nothing else , then go to the delete button on your keyboard and just start hitting it over and over and it will clear out all those names you've typed into the search box. I had about l00 names on there and wanted to figure out how to clear them off.

Tell me some of your tips/techniques/shortcuts etc... for your computer. This can be a really useful thread for all of us .

Come on now! Let's all get in on this thread. surely we all have some little thing that's really helpful that we use on our computers. I'm eager to learn more.

kathy_ann

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!