Help!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

My plant has large black spots all over the leaves...it hasn't bloomed well at all this year. It is just the run of the mill blue one...but it was beautiful the past two years. I ask the man at the garden center, and he said it was because we have had too much rain...and not to worry about it or cut it back etc...what do you think? Thanks for your help...here is a picture when it was healthy...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Janet, it is a fungus caused by the rain. Mine have the spots, too. When the leaves fall, rake them up so the fungus won't get on the new leaves in the spring.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks...I didn't know whether to cut the whole thing down or not..

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Ummm I can't see any spots? Your hydrangea looks way better than mine right now, lol.

Please tell me I'm not NOT seeing things, lol, I can't handle another "picture dog".

mg

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

No, sweetie, that is a picture of the bush last year...I posted it so everyone would know what type it is...this year it is way UGLY!!!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Janet, I thought the same thing. I don't see any spots and it is very pretty.
Brenda

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, it had struggled so much I finally cut it back very hard. Even the new leaves were getting the large black spots so I did a fungicide after cutting it back, and raked around it as best I could. I just don't know if it is getting too little sun it is on the West side of the house and it has been beautiful as you can see in the photo. My neighbors on the East side of their house, next door were awful this year as well. The blooms were just pitiful and he cut them back a little and tried to treat them with something. I have a white one on the NE side of the house that did bloom, one bloom this year....it is new, and the bloom is green instead of white...the shrub looks healthy though..I love these bushes, but don't seem to be able to make them do well, for me...any ideas? I have rooted several cuttings and would love to find a spot in the yard they would thrive...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.