Addition to my garden tonight :-)

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

OK awhile back while my son and I were getting dirt from our veggie garden to move to front of house for a new flower bed, we unearthed a snapping turtle nest.............we decided once again to see how we fared as surrogate parents.........got a large flowerpot, added the dirt, carefully transplanted all 46 eggs back into the flowerpot, took the flowerpot and placed in a hole we dug in my front flowerbed so top of flowerpot was level with ground, covered with old screen and patiently waited...................today was the day. so far we had 6 babies hatch, I happened to think to peek in there tonight after a rain in time to see the dirt in the pot moving.........after a quick blink and shake of the head to be sure I wasn't imagining it, sure enough, there was a little face staring at me!!!!!!! They are soo adorable, just had to share here. We are calling them our new garden art LOLOL
~Laurrie

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!