Journal Jan 26

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning. It is 9* and just light enough to see that is is going to be another pretty day. Yesterday was bright and sunny, without wind. I got out on Bullwinkle for about 1 1/2 hours, we just went down the county road for about a mile and rode in a neighbor's hayfield. I had to remember where the badger holes and ditches are. The horse was pretty excited till we got into knee deep snow with higher drifts and it got to be work. That works up a good sweat in a hurry even just walking. I passed a place where an owl or hawk had swooped down and caught something, I could see 2 places where his wing brushed the snow, and a furrow in the snow, then nothing. I just checked out the beautiful pink sunrise, and saw the wild bunny nibbling the old fashioned wild rose bushes in the flower bed by the rail fence. A trip to town for breakfast and errands is in the plan this morning, so I will get out and do the chores now. Everybody have a great day, count your blessings.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!