My first lilies - thanks to you all.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I never grew lilies because I'm allergic to them. But I wrote here and people said that there were lilies without fragrance. Well, six months later - what I've got in my garden is fun. They should cover the fence next year and they are behind an espalliered apple tree or I'm afraid that I would have had to stake each and every one of them.

My Sheherazade's first year.

Thanks!

Thumbnail by doss
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow ~ You did good!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks moby - here's a close up. They were good because they weren't too expensive too. If I can scare up some room, I might just put in some different ones.

Thumbnail by doss
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

And they take so little room... ;)

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, they're gorgeous, Doss!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful photo! I hope my scherazzzeee.wee wee's come up for me this year!

P.S. Moby spelled it for me earlier but I'm too lazy to copy and paste tonight. ;>D

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I do wish that they'd picked an easier name for them. They are supposed to bloom in late August so there's still time. Do they have buds Sue?

I love the 'They take so little room'. And so do the daylilies and dahlias and iris and clematis and ................... But the hydrangeas do really take room. Have to be careful with them. :-)

Victorville, CA(Zone 8a)

What a grand first year! Those are beautiful Doss. Alas my lily season is long gone:( Hope you saved room for some of those asiatic bulblets we talked about in the Spring!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.