Vinca colours

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Hello Everyone,
I m feeling good when i get result about my Vica colours from experts in DG.If any suggetions or tips about Vinca plant.I m the bigner of these plants.
Yasir

Thumbnail by cactus_lover
FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

An other colour of Vinca.
Yasir

Thumbnail by cactus_lover
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I have always wanted to try vinca . It reminds me of impatiens but I know vinca can take the sun.

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Yes Lenjo,They need sun.In my climate they are grown well n produce a large number of flowers and seeds also.
Thanks.
Yasir

Union Grove, AL

here they florish all to well they will take over, i weed out thousands every year but leave many as i do love them. They like it hot and fairly dry once they are up and running, a bit moist when they are starting out, they will self sow and come up late here, once the nights are in the 70's degree F, usually come true to color if you don't raise another varity close to them, but haven't tried that with the apricot yet. Good luck

Lodi, CA(Zone 9a)

They grow like crazy. Mine grew in full sun with little water and thrived until frost.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I love vinca! Wish they would volunteer for me.....:(

Union Grove, AL

They should come back there, you might have to much mulch for them, you get a few in thick mulch but they usualy prefer a fairly heavy or sandy soil (dry). They also come up late, end of may maybe or late June here, so about the same time for you and are tiny for some time, then suddenly go from hard to see to blooming in a few weeks when the heat hits. Try leaving a patch of dirt unmulched or mulched in coarse sand or pea gravel, lightly on both, at the end of the season and see what happens. Good luck, little ones are easily transplanted, over 2 inches very difficult, water well for a couple of weeks and then taper off to little, they are real obliging about wilting when they need water, lol.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks bermuda- will do!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.