Lilium Wierdness

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I had written off the Muscadet lilies this year. I had buried the tag and they were in an iris patch so when they never showed up, I just figured they froze to death. Well, lo and behold while I'm digging up a clump of TB Iris, I found the tag - and a HUGE healthy muscadet bulb. The only thing I can think is that it TRIED to come up in the midst of all of those iris.

I put it in a pot until I can make a proper label. LOL. I'm really happy to have found it!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Glad you did!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Good for you Sue! I'm just looking at tags & dead spots & hoping that something is still under ground after all the $$ I planted last year....

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I keep meaning to go back to that thread - the one where we are all comparing our blooms to what we purchased? I would say that most of what I planted came true. The only one that has not shown up yet is scherazzzzz...ereee or however it's spelled. lol.

Nice to see you ladies. Where is langbr been?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hi Sue! Langbr is taking the summer off, I hear. Hope she'll be back.

Sche - hera - zade ;)

langbr has all that empty yard to fill at her new home... :)

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh that's right. She must be loving it. I wanted to share some photos of the dahlias from the co-op she ran.

Wanda if I were you I would go dig and see if the bulbs are still there. It would drive me crazy not knowing!! :^D

Well, maybe I will this weekend. llilyfan has grown a bunch & I want to buy some from her. I suppose I should see if anything is left of this year's "no shows".

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.