Triple Purple Datura

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

First bloom, hoping it opens full tonight!

Thumbnail by heathrjoy
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Very pretty.

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you. It did open the next night and I forgot to post the pic. I'm wondering if it's really a triple. I've read that sometimes the first blooms on a triple look funny. I don't have any experience w/ these tho, so I'm learning as I go. In any case, I think it's beautiful and I'll keep it! :)

Thumbnail by heathrjoy
Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

it is very pretty but i think it is a double

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

The next bloom is just getting ready to open, so we'll see what happens. I really don't care if it's double or triple, but do want to know so I am not calling it by the wrong name. I'll post pics if I can dodge the rain drops to get them.

I'm letting the first bloom go to seed. If it turns out that the first bloom is indeed a strange bloom should I nix the seeds, or wouldn't that matter? Any ideas on that one?

Canyon Lake, TX(Zone 9b)

Krispi, Canyon Lake, Tx. Nov. 16,2005, Hey ya'll, I am new to Dave's garden, in fact to computer, so I'm crawling around here! I have been looking at your Brugs., and Daturas, and Angel Trumpets, what I need to know is what is the difference between them, and do they all produce those big seed pods? I have yellow trumpets, and lost my double purple ones somehow, can't find a single seed. Thanks, Krispi

Hooks, TX

I would like seeds or cuttings of any Datura and would send bubble envelopes
and/or stamps, or whatever needed.
thanks for any help -
Louise

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

I will have datura plants in the spring for trades, if u want to get with me then

Hooks, TX

Thanks for the reply. Will keep watching and get in touch later.
Louise

Canyon Lake, TX(Zone 9b)

TexasLou, I have just gotten back to this post, and I have plenty of double yellow Datura seeds to share with you, Thanks, Krispi You want to Dmail me your address, and I will get you some seeds in the mail. I have never done this, so can someone walk me thru it?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.