Wine/Purple Ruffled

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

an unknown I grew last year from a mix, anyone think they know the name, when it's in the sun, its one color, when shaded a whole different color!

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

and the shaded version

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Netcong, NJ(Zone 5b)

Laurrie - does the limb always get 'broken' up like that...have you gotten any where the limb did not split into sections...The basic shape and throat remind me of "Hama no Murasaki",but I don't think that's quite it,but Sakata has another 'reddish' one in their "Beach" series that it could be...I don't recall the exact name offhand...

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

No it doesn't usually, but we had those winds and rain that contributed to this mess you see. I grew this last year as well, same thing, never did get a proper name for it, was found in my Big Bloom Mix from Japan couple years ago. let me see if I can find the pic from last year...Yep right where it was supposed to be, in the big bloom mix folder..........sooo it is un named, just Big Bloom Mix which had some lovely pinks, reds, whites and this gorgeous one.

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Netcong, NJ(Zone 5b)

Laurrie - I realize that lighting can alter the look of the color as the first two pictures you showed illustrate,but the picture you just posted from last year has some color variations to it also ...the overall color looks to be more blue and the throat looks lighter than either of the first two that bloomed recently...I'm gonna 'wait and see' on this one for now...

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I tend to agree with you on the wait and see..........I suppose it could be reverting to sorts with these blooms this year, as I planted the seeds from this last photo this year, but only time will tell, and if we ever get a decent morning that I can snap pics!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.