Blue Ribbon Winner!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Mom, (YoYo1) called from Louisville at the Kentucky State Fair. She and her quilting friends were up there because they entered quilts in the fair a couple weeks ago. (they had to be mailed ahead of time)

She just walked in, and her quilt has won a blue ribbon! An actual Kentucky State Fair Blue Ribbon! This is a VERY 'quilty' state and I'm sure there were tons of quality entries...she's thrilled to pieces.

Since I got her a digital camera earlier this month for her birthday, she's now got the capability of recording this moment for all of us. I can't wait till she gets back and I can post the pictures for her..(I'll have to do it)

The quilt is a Baltimore Album, a traditional applique type of quilt, her quilt is a white background (traditional) with blue as the predominant color. Lots of flowers and birds and little red berries....

I'll post pictures as soon as I get them! I just had to gloat a bit!

This thread has 31 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!