My new 'tufa sphere

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

While cleaning some storage areas in this old craftsman style farmhouse ,

with the typical tons and tons of built in storage, I came across an almost prefectly

round plastic container that was used for ripening fruit from about 22 years ago.

I forgot to measure it , will do tomorrow. Meantime I duct taped the 2 halves together then I put a cutter on my soldering iron and made it so I could stuff 'tufa in it.

All done and when I went to move it to a better place out of my way , IT WEIGHS A TON !

I was afraid the plastic would break if I moved it so there it sits in the middle of my work bench.

Trying to imagine how long it will take to cure then how many weeks before it finally drys out enough become the lightweight that tufa should be.

When it's fully dry the color will lighten to a granitey look also.

Dis is way better than buying those glass light globes that ya only get one use from , plus this one is so much larger.

When my friend gets back from his trip , I'll borrow his camera again and get some pics.

This should be really neat if it doesnt blow up ... hahahahaha
edited for spelling................

This message was edited Aug 20, 2005 9:44 AM

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!