P. Racemosa

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I just love the way they flower in clusters.

Thumbnail by Calalily

Here is a flower, something ate one of the petals.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

oh just beautiful!

Another cluster(it has three)

Thumbnail by Calalily
Floresville, TX(Zone 9a)

Wonderful!

How big is it and how long did it take to start blooming? I have three small ones growing in a 3 gallon pot, but they're only around 3 feet tall, and don't seem to be the fastest growers.

San Diego, CA

I really hope mine bloomes this year, they look awesome.
Mark

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Susie, that is DEVINE!

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

How unusual!
...wish it also came in blue or purple! lol...
-T

Racemosa is one of those weird passifloras, if you root a cutting that doesn't have a growing tip, the cutting will root but it will never grow. But if you cut the growing tip from a vine(to root), it takes about a year to make a side branch on the old vine that will flower. My vine is multi-stemmed, about 15-20 feet long and grows up into an orchid tree. I think it's 4 or 5 years old, I got it from Dee in Florida a long time ago.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

It is neat because it is different, and I happen to love plants with flowering racemes, of any kind...

The plant I am sending you has long racemes, too, but not as "real red"...more of an orangey red...

One of my very favorite passies is the p. membranacea. I is very atypical of the standard passie and quite unusual, too...it cannot take the extreme heat we get here, though, sadly...

Is your racemosa like that? Does it prefer cooler temperatures?
-T

I have mine in part shade, it didn't like the hot afternoon sun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.