Thornless Climbing Rose?

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi all,

I am looking for thornless climbing Rose. I have full sun area in zone 9. Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you

~Eliza~

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Climbing pinkie, yellow lady banks, veilchenblau, ...can't think of any others at the moment...and the last two are more ramblers, than well behaved climbers...

You might post this on the rose forum and have a lot better response over there?
-T

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Madame Alfrede Carriere is pretty thornless. I think she is ok in the sun ; I know she will tolerate shade very well. Just double check with helpmefind.com.

I just remembered the antique Cl. 'Old blush' doesn't have any thorns...

I actually have the cl. old blush and the cl. pinkie for trade if interested in either one of those...?
-T

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you for your answer.

seedpicker_TX:

What is the color of Cl. 'Old blush'?

I am interested in the two kinds that you have. Do you have a want list? I will see if I have anything to trade. I have several kinds of oxiphyllum cuttings (several colors). I also have around 10 kinds of hot peppers, either plant or seeds.

Let me know what you are interested, I will make an offer.

Thank you

Cl. old blush is a med to hot pink. Climbing pinkie is a smaller rose and a lighter color of pink.

What colors of oxiphyllum do you have?
thanks
-T

here is a picture of cl. old blush. This picture was taken 4-25-05 of a rose that was two years old from cutting.
As you can tell they grow quickly. The cutting was just a single "stick" about 8 inches tall, when it was received in a trade, and planted...
It would have grown even bigger had it not been sandwiched between two houses, and planted under the partial shade of a tree, lol...
-T

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

I have white, red, yellow, orange, pink. I bought them from Pat's. Some are all rooted. I can give up some to trade for the rose. I live near Pat, so I can always go back.

Names: Vista Gold, Sou You, Front Runner, red (picture), white (white night blooming cactus - the common one), and others that I can't remember the name.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=1594508

This message was edited Aug 17, 2005 9:27 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.