White Doll's Eyes

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Wanted to share a photo of the White Baneberry or Doll's eyes blooming in my front yard. Not many eyes this year, but aren't they cute?
Betty

Thumbnail by picabo

They look like a cartoon ailen's eyes LOL, interesting plant!

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Usually it has a lot more seeds. The plant had gotton burried under some ferns and didn't produce many seeds this year.

I live on 18 acres surrounded by thousands of acres of undeveloped land. There are always lots of interesting things to find and look at. Spring is alot of fun with everything blooming.

Betty

I love your plant! Did you know that they got their common name because they were actually used as doll's eyes at one time?

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

No, I didn't know that. I could make three dolls this year. There were lots around but not too many this year.

i

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I had it one year (bought a large one from a native plant sale) very expensive! It lived only two years and croaked. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

Cleveland, OH

I have seeds of this plant in peat in the fridge stratifying for spring germination.

Does anyone have the red baneberry? I jokingly call them drunken dolls eyes. I've been looking for seed/plants of this for several years. Arrowhead alpines listed it but they were sold out before I got my order in!

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

I think that I have seen them growing in the woods. I thought they were just ripe white ones. I will look, may be too late for this year.

Betty

This message was edited Oct 3, 2005 5:57 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.