ID on eggs?

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Found this strange circle of eggs under a milkweed leaf. I was spraying the aphids and stopped just in time when I saw this. They were in perfect alignment but one sort of moved out of the circle when I rinsed them off.

Thumbnail by konkreteblond
Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Not enlarged pic

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh my! Guess what! The green things along the outside are bugs! If you click on the first picture you see brown dots that are eyes! LOL! I put this leaf in a small bowl and when I came back and looked at it, several green things were gone. Then another got up and walked off. I got my magnifying glass out and sure enough, it's a round green bug with brown eyes! That is not what I expected...too funny. They missing ones had crawled under the leaf. I put a lid on the bowl until I can find out what they are. I'll attempt to get a picture of one alone.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Anyone know?

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Nope...I'm wondering if they are green stink bugs. I'm quite sure they're not something I want so I'm not sure how long I want to keep them. Keeping bugs just to see what they grow up to be is a little different than my raising butterfly cats. lol

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

You might want to work backward, by searching for what insects milkweed plants host. Not sure what those are...That's funny about your green guys walking off!

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't think it was something particular to the milkweed, but I will try that. Imagine my surprise when I looked in on them last night and they had morphed to this!

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I am quite sure they WERE, but not any more. lol

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

* A moment of silence for the l'il stinkers *

;) Kimberley

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.