Which Kittens Should I Keep ?

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Update! Kittens are born and wonderful. Please check em out and feel free to post your thoughts as they grow up!

Hi out there in DG land! I have a wonderful, sweet cat that is due to give birth today. (Though I know she could deliver late, the vet said up to Friday). I share my house with a dear friend, and we have agreed that however many kittens my Lemony Snicket has, I may keep 3 of them. (Momma and kittens will all be spayed/neutered) I have 2 other female adult rescue cats who are both fixed, and several indoor doggies. We 'had' a male cat that was a stray. He moved in with us, we had him neutered. He continually sprayed in the house and kept getting outside. Because of this experience, my housemate says I cannot keep any boy kittens, just girls. When I was a girl I had neutered males and I cannot remember if they ever sprayed the house.
Has anyone out there had experience with boy cats who are neutered as soon as the vet recommends? Do they all eventually spray their environment, or do most not, especially in a home they are born in?
Please help me out with your thoughts.
Mich

This message was edited Aug 25, 2005 12:29 AM

Thumbnail by keyi
This thread has 330 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!