Airbase Aeration Disc & Root Watering Spike

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Have you guys tried these products by a company called Direct Root? They are great! One is called an Airbase, you put it in the pot first, its a raised base with holes in it, the other is a watering Spike. The spike has holes all over it, you stick it into the soil after you have put the dirt in the pot, and the water goes directly to the roots! I first bought these a few months ago for my container vegetables, and wanted to see how they work before i bought more. My containers with these products in place are a million times bigger better & productive than the ones without. I bought them at Home Depot, the spikes were $2.88 for a 3 pack, and the Airbase was $1.47 for a 6" & $1.67 for 8" & $1.97 for 10". I just went back to HD this weekend and bought a bunch more, I am going to be using these in every pot I have. They are supposed to be at least 1" smaller than the pot you are using. You can add slow release fertilizer to the spikes, and when you water the fertilizer is released directly to the roots. I just wanted to share with everyone. Also, they have a website as well: www.directroot.com

Thumbnail by kanita

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.