Passionvine that took over

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9a)

the orange tree. Ok so I admit I didn't have my glasses on when I first saw these flowas. I thought at first that our orange trees were blooming purple flowas, but then realized that my passionvine had grown into the orange tree!!

Blessings,
Awanda

Thumbnail by ACsAgapePlants
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

That is beautiful as long as it doesn't choke out the orange tree.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Do you think it will? it is quite pretty though, hate for it to kill that orange tree .

Next thing you'll be having maybe is passion fruit in your orange tree awanda LOL

good picture

kath

Savannah, GA(Zone 8b)

I am envious, I have three passion vines and they seldom bloom, my friend that lives on the river has the same problem. She brought hers back from S. Fl. where they bloom profusuly. Oh well, it is a good host plant for the gulf frit butterfly and they are always laying eggs.

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

Purplepetunia, I had a passion vine in Sunset Beach, NC (30 min north of Myrtle Beach) about 3 miles inland and it did fine - even first year, but I think mine was Passiflora edulis "Incense" (more white with purple inside) and was a prolific runner. I covered with freeze/frost warnings and it went crazy in the spring. I moved in May to the panhandle of FL and brought a small rooted runner with me. It has been slow to take off and just seems like last week it finally is getting started with some new growth. I imagine it will get going and go crazy next spring. Mine has always had full sun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.