Look who is happy in the shade!

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

This AV has doubled in size since I planted him - about a month ago. Under the shade of a cedar tree and plants of petunias and snapdragons. Oh and torintina too!

This message was edited Aug 15, 2005 11:41 AM

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

And Jason is SOOOOOOOOOO happy! He is about 12 inches (or more) from leaf tip to leaf tip and look at the number of blooms! And there are seed pods forming!!

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Lovely! Who'd 'a thunk it?

:-)

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

That's wonderful! So glad it worked out for you.

I think I will try putting some of my extra Av's outside next year and see what happens. It gets too hot here too fast so I probable won't have the luck you do but it might be fun to watch the experiment...could not be any worse than some I've done lately...lol

MsC

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

I have at least 20+ plants out there that will have to be dug up and wintered in the house this year (plus most of my houseplants are outside - except for the pothos and shefferella)...... I have got to get me a greenhouse! oh honey...... LOL!

Heather

Too funny, Heather! I hope the Garden Fairy send you a greenhouse!
I can't imagine your winters up there...I freeze when it gets below 50 here. Most of my house plants stay outside almost year round with just a little protection.

We do have an freak snowfall here and I usually just cry when I see all my plants getting frozen.lol

MsC

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

LOL! Brat... Don't be suprised when this refigerator sized box arrives on your doorstep around November... LOL! I'll bring AV's with me! ;-)

Heather

Heather you come on down and get out of that winter weather and send that box, I babysit pretty good.lol:)

MsC

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

OMW!!!!!!!!! I peeked under the leaves today --- It's gonna bloom!!!! It has colled off here abit and though a couple leaves have been tasted it's gonna BLOOM!!!!!!!!!!! The pic is deceving this AV is about 7 inches across.

I am so excited!

I am excited -- but unable to spell properly! LOL!

This message was edited Aug 26, 2005 8:10 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.