It's Hot!!!

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

Here in Culpeper, VA, at 2:52 p.m. it's still hovering between 98-100 degrees with the powers that be saying that the heat index is around 100-110.

In the words of Matthew Broderick from my favorite move "Biloxi Blues": "It's hot. It's Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot."

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

great line. /;-)

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Yeah, Tarzan didn't wear much and went swimming a lot!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Even my mountains, usually cool in the summer, are hot. Tarzan had the right idea, almost nekkid and swimmin' a lot!

Pacific, MO(Zone 5a)

Well I for one am ready for Fall. It's 97 here right now with the heat index at 105. Same for tomorrow. Cant play in dirt...too hot and can't go anywhere..gas to high to waste. Whats a girl to do?

Mary

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Suffer.

(as we all are doing!)

I cannot go anywhere either due to gas prices.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Yeppers, it is hot! When we lived in Virginia, it wasn't too merciful there, either!

No playing in the dirt, no walking, not even in the early morning, cause of the high humidity factor........so, what's a gal to do........housework! NOT! LOL

Just sit and surf.........I am not used to being so inactive, but until the weather breaks, that's just what my intentions are......to stay inactive, and drink plenty of H2o

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

The sizzles are finally dying down from 30 continuous 100 plus days here. . .with only one day in there that dropped to 99°. Started w/a 102, 105, 106, 106, 109, 108, 107, 105, 106, 107, 99, 104, 106, 104,105,105, 103,102, 102, 104 (After the 99, 20 more days of 100 plus.) I finally couldn't take it any more and hitched a ride w/my DD and grandsons to the coast and we spent a week 20 feet from the surf. What a relief! Hot you say?

8-) Janet

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

Yup - cooling off here too. This week temps have been in the mid-80's during the day & in the mid-50's to mid-60's at night.

It's almost refreshing. Almost. . . .

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya Janet,

I can relate....we've had 12 straight over 100, a two day respite with 96 and 98, and now we're back at 100 for another two weeks. Pam and I took a trip to San Francisco to chill out for a few days, then came back to this.......sheesh!

Hope you are well, Aporocactus is growing like a weed....thanks again.

don

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Hiya Don. . .long time, no talk. Glad you and Pam got a chance to chill out. Those unending 100+ just kill ya after awhile, not to mention the poor plants stressing to the max.
Glad the cactus is doing well and you too! Take care.

8-) Janet

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya Janet!

Cactus are indeed doing well in this unmerciful heat...lol. We've decided to expand the cactus garden for that reason. It got to 104 today and the horses are just as miserable as all of us. I agree that this is climatic homocide.....

Have a super RU, and we got over to the Strybing for some Salvias I didn't have and stopped in Santa Cruz at Cabrillo College for some more. What a treat it was to drive up to Stinson Beach, get some dinner, and drive back with the windows open.....no AC...lol.

Try and stay cool..(huge chuckle),
don

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.