Is anyone still trading iris?

Blandinsville, IL(Zone 5a)

I was wondering if anyone is still trading them or are you done for the season? I'm still trying to get more of them this season.

Annie

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Annie -- Don't you have enough yet? I'm finished trading for the year although if one catches my eye at the website, I've been known to do a last minute purchase in September.

Roni

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Raggedyann - I have old farm short white ones and a whole mess of saved Iris from a farm site down here that is now a parking lot. If you are interested let me know - would love to trade if you are interested for DLs (not ditch but almost anything else!). All these were planted out in the fields that used to have homes they said around 100 years ago if not more. LMK - Mitch

Roni, I'm always looking for different ones, I found a few a my favorite nursey I go to , Hello Darkness, Jennifer Rebecca Clarence,and Champagne Elegance.

Mitch, I've got lots of unnamed ones, the last couple of years I started collecting named ones.

Annie

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

No prob - I try to only have ones from old farms and such, there are no names but they colors are just stunning. Now my DLs - they are all named and I am the same way - Mitch

And of course, my unnamed ones are stunning also , they did have names at one time. 30+ years ago, I didn't want my yard looking like a plant graveyard in the winter. So there are lot of my plants that are unnamed. LOL

Annie

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Plant graveyard - LOL!!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

If anyone has............
Chaifa
Chasing Rainbows
Poem of Ecstasy....

I'll trade you, I'd like 3 of each.
Thanks.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Does anyone have PURGATORY by Moores? If you do, I may consider one last ditch trade this year. Otherwise, I give up for getting it again this year...it's only been on my wishlist for 4 years now. LOL. That would be the only iris to get me into a trade. Even the Lily Auction site is dwindling in choices.

Roni

Whitehall, MT

Hi,
I just joined this website so I'm new.
I don't know how trades are done.
However, last week I dug and divided tall beared Iris that have done well here in sone 4 for me, a sunny location, and they are: Immortality, Before the storm, and After the dawn. These divisions, are relatively small so it will be awhile before they bloom. Most of these plants are going to town today to be given away by my daughter, but I could save back a few if anyone has other interesting iris to trade me. I'll select out about six of the larger divisions before the rest leave here to do a trade with.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.